Yahoo Mail not Pushing Anymore?

B

bonesb

I'm thinking it's not with yahoo. I have tried .me mail, which is my main email, doesn't push. Yahoo doesn't push. Gmail doesn't push. Never had an issue before ios5. Was using yahoo mail and I would get the email instantly. For some people it's working fine and for some it's not. I've swapped my phone recently and it didn't work on either of them do it's not a hardware thing. It works fine for some people so it can't be a yahoo or gmail or iCloud server issue. I wouldn't think anyways I'm not an IT guy so I don't know for sure. I really think its software related. Much like the battery life thing, some people are getting horrible battery life, and others are getting great. If you browse the forum a bit there's quite a few threads on this subject

Uh, no. Yahoo email is up and down quite often, it's not related to iOS 5 or iPhones. Nice to read you're not having issues tho. I and my company tried the free and paid versions a few years ago, and the experience was a craptacular disaster, we still use a few free accounts on our iOS/Android/BBOS/WebOS devices - timeouts, password requests, undelivered messages just about every week. I'll counter your citing good stuff on this forum - which I'm new to to the hundreds of threads pissing and moaning about how much Yahoo email sucks and has failures with pushing email going back at least four years on the HoFo, MacRumors, Crackberry, Apple Discussions, and Precentral forums. It isn't the iOS, since you don't know for sure - Yahoo Mail works for a lot of people, and it doesn't work for a whole lot of people. I've managed just about every mobile OS for my employees and myself and Yahoo Mail (US) is by far the most problematic of the providers I've tried, regardless of platform and carrier. I know, for sure.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Then why did yahoo mail push flawlessly for me for close to 2 years and suddenly nothing including gmail will push as soon as I updated to ios 5?

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
And also, why doesn't anything else push...even gmail, which from what I read is known to be the most reliable on the iPhone. And also, why is it that yahoo mail will push fine on the iPhone on my other line, which is on 4.3.5, and worked fine, without ever 1 single problem, and just suddenly stop working once I updated to ios 5?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Uh, no. Yahoo email is up and down quite often, it's not related to iOS 5 or iPhones. Nice to read you're not having issues tho. I and my company tried the free and paid versions a few years ago, and the experience was a craptacular disaster, we still use a few free accounts on our iOS/Android/BBOS/WebOS devices - timeouts, password requests, undelivered messages just about every week. I'll counter your citing good stuff on this forum - which I'm new to to the hundreds of threads pissing and moaning about how much Yahoo email sucks and has failures with pushing email going back at least four years on the HoFo, MacRumors, Crackberry, Apple Discussions, and Precentral forums. It isn't the iOS, since you don't know for sure - Yahoo Mail works for a lot of people, and it doesn't work for a whole lot of people. I've managed just about every mobile OS for my employees and myself and Yahoo Mail (US) is by far the most problematic of the providers I've tried, regardless of platform and carrier. I know, for sure.

Sorry but you are incorrect here. I have used Yahoo for years and so does everyone else that I know and we have never had any problems related to Yahoo. I am also a member on some of these forums that you mentioned and there have never been "hundreds" of threads related to Yahoo. I also don't recall many threads here on TiPb related to Yahoo mail not pushing to the iPhone..... Hmm, funny how this one only came up "after" the iOS 5 update came out.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Then why did yahoo mail push flawlessly for me for close to 2 years and suddenly nothing including gmail will push as soon as I updated to ios 5?

That is because the problem is most likely related to iOS 5 as you said. I guess we'll see if the next update fixes this issue for those that are having it.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry but you are incorrect here. I have used Yahoo for years and so does everyone else that I know and we have never had any problems related to Yahoo. I am also a member on some of these forums that you mentioned and there have never been "hundreds" of threads related to Yahoo. I also don't recall many threads here on TiPb related to Yahoo mail not pushing to the iPhone..... Hmm, funny how this one only came up "after" the iOS 5 update came out.

There have been a few threads on this. Not sure why there aren't more but I know that I have had on and off issues with it not pushing for awhile now. What I was told on forums when I first looked into it was that it was a yahoo thing. Not sure why or how you have the luck but I do not. Do you have it set up as exchange? I don't I have my gmail set up as exchange. Maybe that's my issue. Not sure.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There have been a few threads on this. Not sure why there aren't more but I know that I have had on and off issues with it not pushing for awhile now. What I was told on forums when I first looked into it was that it was a yahoo thing. Not sure why or how you have the luck but I do not. Do you have it set up as exchange? I don't I have my gmail set up as exchange. Maybe that's my issue. Not sure.

My statement above wasn't to say that there aren't any issues related to push mail but rather that it isn't only Yahoo and doesn't happen all the time with Yahoo as the member who I quoted was making it out to be. I have used exchange in the past with Yahoo but currently have it set up through the regular Yahoo mail. Neither one gave me issues. Not saying that Yahoo is perfect or anything, however, I have read threads where people have push issues with other email carriers as well.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
my yahoo has been on and off today also since getting my 4S on Friday, BUT i will add, prior to my 4S i had a bb 9650, and sometimes i had issues with my yahoo email on it also.

Yesterday i was rec'ing yahoo mails no prob, today sometimes they will come in and sometimes i had to go into the mail icon to get it to come in. Perhaps its a certain area issue thing, idk. i'm not worried really, on occassion i will ck my mail and if theres anything new it will update:)

kenh4495

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I have had the 1st Gen iPhone, the 3-G and now the iPhone 4 and have used the same Yahoo email account and it worked flawlessly until I updated to this latest Ios5 software. That's my experience!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had the 1st Gen iPhone, the 3-G and now the iPhone 4 and have used the same Yahoo email account and it worked flawlessly until I updated to this latest Ios5 software. That's my experience!

This is exactly the reason that I think this is a software issue.

B

bonesb

Whatever. I have 32 employees, all have smartphones. I allow them to use them to check their personal stuff - they're going to do it anyway. I have a Palm Pre+ I use to ping my email and notify me when a client emails me (it's running a hacked kernel) - ALL of our smartphones fail at least weekly with Yahoo email - I came from the BBOS, and Yahoo is always failing. Going back to 2005, yeah, there's hundreds of threads *****ing about Yahoo email timing out, forgetting passwords, not pushing. So, yeah, I'm not incorrect. Yahoo email, however popular it is, uses it's own proprietary push mechanism. Look, don't pick on me - let's not get personal. I'm relating what I've read, what I've experienced, and what my employees gripe about and you've got no basis for telling me I'm incorrect.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Whatever. I have 32 employees, all have smartphones. I allow them to use them to check their personal stuff - they're going to do it anyway. I have a Palm Pre+ I use to ping my email and notify me when a client emails me (it's running a hacked kernel) - ALL of our smartphones fail at least weekly with Yahoo email - I came from the BBOS, and Yahoo is always failing. Going back to 2005, yeah, there's hundreds of threads *****ing about Yahoo email timing out, forgetting passwords, not pushing. So, yeah, I'm not incorrect. Yahoo email, however popular it is, uses it's own proprietary push mechanism. Look, don't pick on me - let's not get personal. I'm relating what I've read, what I've experienced, and what my employees gripe about and you've got no basis for telling me I'm incorrect.

Nobody is picking on you or making this personal. However I'm flat out telling you that your are exaggerating very badly as there are NOT "hundreds" of threads on this yahoo issue as you have stated here. I'm a member of those other forums that you were talking about that had hundreds of threads on this topic and again, you were exaggerating. While I do come across a thread related to yahoo from time to time, it ain't hundreds and they are few and far between. I've seen the same amount of threads related to MSN mail and Gmail issues as well.....

body80

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Here's something I've noticeed. When I receive an email with an attachment like a .wmv file. My email will lockup with it loading. It'll never completely load any of the email, even just the text part.

It'll drain the battery and won't push anymore emails even after deleting the locked up email.
Then the only way to get it to push is to delete the yahoo account and sign up again.
I've never had this problem till OS 5.

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've solved my particular push problems......

The company I am consulting for has me in a cube right next to a data center. There's tons of interference with all the metal and concrete, etc.

The client recently let me go onto their wifi with my phone and since then, push has been perfect. So at least for me, it seems like a weak cel signal can effect mail delivery......

jeffreys zone

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
yahoo mail not pushing on iphone

I have had the same problem repeatedly... I have found that I go to iphone general settings, then scroll down to reset, then go to reset network settings... It works everytime for me...

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Even though I have my Yahoo and Outlook e-mails set to push, it seems only the Outlook account actually is doing it and the Yahoo one just sits dormant, especially when on a charger I've noticed, until I open the account then it will retrieve the e-mail, often times finally showing me stuff that was hours old that I was not alerted to earlier.

Is this happening to anyone else. Any suggestions? I have Fetch set to an HOUR, I could try moving that up to 15 minutes but I also don't want to kill my battery either.

I thought this happened before and it was on Yahoo's end and nothing I did fixed it until it magically started working again...
If there is a way to set it up with Exchange, you're probably better off doing that.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
After I got my 4S my Yahoo account pushed pretty reliably. Funny thing is, I never had push turned on for the mail. After a few months it just stopped pushing on it's own. I don't really care because I just check it a few times a day. I figure I save a bit of battery having it turned off.