iOS 5.0.1

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
The beta does not slow the processor. They appear to be disabling location services that are still in use when the application is no longer requiring them - among other things.

The processor speed has not changed.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Apple is claiming its not many customers complaining, just a few; we all know its A LOT of people complaining, but they can't make themselves look bad. its never a huge change in the battery when they do an update. almost every update they do is usually to make the battery a little better. It'll probably be better by a few percentages. I've had a few iPhone 4S' and the first two were ehh... but the phone I have unlocked on T-Mobile is great on battery. No complaints! I really would hate to upgrade. I guess I won't if I don't need to actually.

Keep in mind, this is a forum. The main function of any forum is for the users who have problems come to complain or vent or find a solution. By far on any forum, you'll see more problems than praise.

Also, the vast majority of smartphone users don't come to internet forums. Those of us in the techy, gadget world frequent smartphone forums, but your average consumer does not. :)

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind, this is a forum. The main function of any forum is for the users who have problems come to complain or vent or find a solution. By far on any forum, you'll see more problems than praise.

Also, the vast majority of smartphone users don't come to internet forums. Those of us in the techy, gadget world frequent smartphone forums, but your average consumer does not. :)

There are very few complaints going on here, everyone can have a technical issue from time to time, but coming over from the crackberry forum last year cuz I was sick of the bashing and hs drama, there are way more complaints in that forum (the bb part anyways) than you'll see here... This battery life thing is a glitch ... Apples good at fixing things ASAP ... Bet it's out in another week or so

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Because I'm a fulltime coder and programmer for 20 years and logically it will make sense for a quick fix

It's widely known that the battery life drain is an isolated problem caused by rogue background processes. It has nothing to do with the processor speed.

I happen to have zero problems so I don't really care anyway.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
You have to wait until Apple releases to the general public in a couple of weeks or so. My battery life is OK so I have no problem waiting. It gives me 2 weeks or so to spend over at the Crackberry and the Droid forums going aff about it all....

Last edited:

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
There are very few complaints going on here, everyone can have a technical issue from time to time, but coming over from the crackberry forum last year cuz I was sick of the bashing and hs drama, there are way more complaints in that forum (the bb part anyways) than you'll see here... This battery life thing is a glitch ... Apples good at fixing things ASAP ... Bet it's out in another week or so

Absolutely agree. I'm sick of CB. So many of the users post such childish comments regarding anything that isn't an almight BB. I have friends over there so I like to stick around, but I can't bring myself to go into many threads or else I just end up defending Apple and iPhone.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely agree. I'm sick of CB. So many of the users post such childish comments regarding anything that isn't an almight BB. I have friends over there so I like to stick around, but I can't bring myself to go into many threads or else I just end up defending Apple and iPhone.

they are in DENIAL...LoL

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

It seems like the users of other forums are open minded. Like myself personally I have owned tons of different smartphones I love my iPhone but respect that the others exist

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
It seems like the users of other forums are open minded. Like myself personally I have owned tons of different smartphones I love my iPhone but respect that the others exist

I do too. I've owned two BBs and I still like them and wish the company success. But CB has almost turned into a warzone, especially in some threads. People who've never even touched an iPhone or Android device are slinging around misinformation. It's extremely irritating because then the former-BlackBerry users who now use iPhones or Androids spend their time defending their devices and try to stop the misinformation.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I do too. I've owned two BBs and I still like them and wish the company success. But CB has almost turned into a warzone, especially in some threads. People who've never even touched an iPhone or Android device are slinging around misinformation. It's extremely irritating because then the former-BlackBerry users who now use iPhones or Androids spend their time defending their devices and try to stop the misinformation.

:) i couldnt agree more with both of you. I've always been a "neutral" user(also previous bb user 4+yrs). My motto always was and still is: "use what makes you happy, that works for you and fits your needs regardless of what platform it is"

I could NEVER understand the p!ssing matches that some get into with the whole my phone is better than your phone type of crap.....thats just super annoying and disappointing, bringing negativity to the forum(s) like that !! I'm out of hs 26yrs now, i dont want to see the "hs drama" on the forums too, LOL.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been a BB user for 4 years and this is my first iPhone. I don't want to talk negatively about RIM or Apple or any company. If there is legitimate criticism to be made, that is fine, but when forum members attack a company that is just unproductive and negative.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
:) i couldnt agree more with both of you. I've always been a "neutral" user(also previous bb user 4+yrs). My motto always was and still is: "use what makes you happy, that works for you and fits your needs regardless of what platform it is"

I could NEVER understand the p!ssing matches that some get into with the whole my phone is better than your phone type of crap.....thats just super annoying and disappointing, bringing negativity to the forum(s) like that !! I'm out of hs 26yrs now, i dont want to see the "hs drama" on the forums too, LOL.

I think part of the reason I am this way is that im an IT guy. I have to support many different phones on a day to day basis.. and all of them does what the end user needs it to do :)

chris3896

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I noticed for awhile that my location services were kicked in and in use (purple arrow) for Siri. That was when I noticed a lot of battery drain. I checked to make sure nothing else was running by closing everything out and it seemed that the culprit was the location services. I only have it turned on for Siri. Hopefully the fix can get he iPhone 4S back to iPhone 4 standards.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods