Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Expert

Default Incoming text message double alert sounds?

I noticed today alot when receiving a text message my phone is making the tri tone text alert twice In a row. What is going on here?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Settings/Notifications/Messages/Repeat Alert ... you decide what you want
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Expert

no no no when the first text message comes in it is making a double noise really fast back to back
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Expert

and when i have a text message opened i am hearing the swoosh like always and its making the tri ton alert? what is going on with my phone ha its going crazy!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,581 Global Posts

Yep me too, I get double text message alert tones back to back but not always. The first one sounds clipped.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Expert

what is going on?? hardware issue?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Infiniti7 View Post
    no no no when the first text message comes in it is making a double noise really fast back to back
    Sorry, misunderstood. Sounds like a software glitch... have you tried another tone to see if it still does it?
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Expert

No I haven't. It's the first time I have experienced this. It's just makes the text tone noise twice back to back right after one another. It's always making the text tone sound when I actually have the message open. I should only be hearing the swoosh sound when a text comes in and the message is open. Do you think this is hardware or software? What should I do?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I think it is software. Do you have any other messaging apps on your iPhone (just a crazy though)? If not, I guess I would do a backup and then restore to it to see if it gets fixed...
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts

I noticed today alot when receiving a text message my phone is making the tri tone text alert twice In a row. What is going on here?
    Turn your phone off and restart. Same thing happened with wife's iphone4 and this fixed it.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iMore Expert

were you also hearing the double text tone alert when you had the message conversations open?
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    iMore Expert

yep i just turned my phone off and then back up and it fixed the problem. wonder what it could be. hopefully its not any hardware problem ha. if it is software is that something to worry about or no
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by curtisinoc View Post
    Turn your phone off and restart. Same thing happened with wife's iphone4 and this fixed it.
    Ah... this should have been my first suggestion before a restore... sorry, it was late last night when I was reading the thread but glad you glad it fixed!
    gvndeb60 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Did you actually get a double message. This happened to me a few times last week. I got the same message as an iMessage AND as a SMS.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

I heard it a few times on mine, like an echo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Devices | iPhone 5 16 GIG Black & Slate | iPad 2 16 GIG White | Macbook Pro 13-inch
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  
    iMore Expert

no. one message two alerts back to back
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I had this EXACT same problem happen to me yesterday for the first time. I can ALMOST guarantee that it's not a hardware problem. All of my tones for emails, phone calls, reminders, calendar and other notifications sound find.

I'd guess it's just a software glitch. Personally, I love iOS 5 but it seems kind of buggy. I'm going to try the power cycle and report back with an update in a few days.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

I only get that when i have two messages coming in at the same time.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  
    iMore Expert

ya it was only my text messages also all my other alerts were perfectly fine. no worries though all the glitches will get worked out
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    iOS Version

So I rebooted my phone and I still have the problem. It's almost like the text sounds is glitchy and double rings but it's not just the sound twice. My phone goes glitchy for a second then it's fine. This problem also doesn't happen constantly (just the past couple of days). I'm wondering if maybe I should restore because something funky is going on.

Global Posts
    1,805 Global Posts
    iOS Version

mine does that as well. i always have to restart my phone to make it stop.
    32GB iPhone 5S 32GB iPhone 5 64GB iPad 3 LTE 15" MacBook Pro 2.8GHz 21" iMac 2.9GHz i5
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by iLive an iLife View Post
    So I rebooted my phone and I still have the problem. It's almost like the text sounds is glitchy and double rings but it's not just the sound twice. My phone goes glitchy for a second then it's fine. This problem also doesn't happen constantly (just the past couple of days). I'm wondering if maybe I should restore because something funky is going on.
    Before doing the power cycle (both buttons not just power slider) did you force quit all the apps?
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

This happens to me to but it only seems to happen when I switch to sound+vibrate. Usually it's just on sound. It goes back to normal a couple of hours after I turn vibrate off.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version

ya know Infiniti, i just got my 4S on Friday, and mine has done this a few times as well, but it doesnt do it with every text msg. lol. i fig'd it was a glitch happening just when it did it too.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisinoc View Post
    I'll try this next time it does it. So far today it hasnt happened at all, but yesterday(saturday) it did it 3 or 4 times out of all the text msg i rec'd. it was def weird !! lol.
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    iMore Intermediate

Question for you guys. Are you using iMessage and did you actually get double texts? The one time this has happened to me it was when I got the same message twice. Once as an iMessage and a duplicate as SMS.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast