Incoming text message double alert sounds?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I noticed today alot when receiving a text message my phone is making the tri tone text alert twice In a row. What is going on here?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
and when i have a text message opened i am hearing the swoosh like always and its making the tri ton alert? what is going on with my phone ha its going crazy!

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Yep me too, I get double text message alert tones back to back but not always. The first one sounds clipped.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
No I haven't. It's the first time I have experienced this. It's just makes the text tone noise twice back to back right after one another. It's always making the text tone sound when I actually have the message open. I should only be hearing the swoosh sound when a text comes in and the message is open. Do you think this is hardware or software? What should I do?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I think it is software. Do you have any other messaging apps on your iPhone (just a crazy though)? If not, I guess I would do a backup and then restore to it to see if it gets fixed...

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
yep i just turned my phone off and then back up and it fixed the problem. wonder what it could be. hopefully its not any hardware problem ha. if it is software is that something to worry about or no

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Turn your phone off and restart. Same thing happened with wife's iphone4 and this fixed it.

Ah... this should have been my first suggestion before a restore... sorry, it was late last night when I was reading the thread but glad you glad it fixed!

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Did you actually get a double message. This happened to me a few times last week. I got the same message as an iMessage AND as a SMS.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I had this EXACT same problem happen to me yesterday for the first time. I can ALMOST guarantee that it's not a hardware problem. All of my tones for emails, phone calls, reminders, calendar and other notifications sound find.

I'd guess it's just a software glitch. Personally, I love iOS 5 but it seems kind of buggy. I'm going to try the power cycle and report back with an update in a few days.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
ya it was only my text messages also all my other alerts were perfectly fine. no worries though all the glitches will get worked out

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So I rebooted my phone and I still have the problem. It's almost like the text sounds is glitchy and double rings but it's not just the sound twice. My phone goes glitchy for a second then it's fine. This problem also doesn't happen constantly (just the past couple of days). I'm wondering if maybe I should restore because something funky is going on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234