Incoming text message double alert sounds?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine does this too, but I don't have double alert on. Whenever I power off and on, it stops. Doesn't happen again for another few weeks.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I get double notifications of emails only on my iPad 2 but my iPhone 4S is fine.

Good Luck

Latest twist: I had to Restore as New my iPhone 4S last week.
Now I'm getting double notifications of emails on my iPhone.
So I guess the it's infectious.
It's not my gmail because I have another email account and the same thing is happening.
I also deleted my gmail account and reinstalled it. No success.

It know it's a known issue for some and not all but i was hoping the iOS6 would have addressed it.

Good Luck

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
JMD,
I've done that several times and no dice.
Any other suggestions?
TIA

No, I don't. Sorry. I've been altering settings on my iPhone 4S trying to duplicate the problem and sending test messages from my iPad to the iPhone but I can't.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine does this, and sometimes like...a broken tritone. Itll stop halfway through and then a second later the rest happens.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
My double email notifications have gotten so annoying that I had to turn off the audible alert.
This has been going on since I bought my iPad in Feb and just started on my iPhone after restoring it as new.

I've reported it on the Apple site after each update.
This has been a known issue before back during iOS 5.
I still can't believe I wasn't addressed with iOS 6 or iOS 6.0.1
Just venting.
Have a great weekend.
Good Luck

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I've resolved my double email notifications for Gmail.
settings > calendar > exchange > "mail folders to push"
Uncheck "All Mail"

I know this doesn't help those with the double txt notifications but I thought others should know.

Good Luck

Greg Warren

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
For double txt tones, have you gone into Settings -> Notifications -> Messages and checked the "Repeat Alert" setting. The default is to repeat it once so that you hear it twice.

This was already suggested (first reply, actually). However, that's not the issue they are talking about. The issue in question is the tone going off twice rapidly, with the sound of the second alert often overlapping the first. If your phone is jailbroken and you have IntelliscreenX and Xmessages installed, this often can cause this issue. I've tweeted and emailed Intelliborn multiple times asking them when a fix will be available and never received any response from them (pretty poor customer service).

Moses1845

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
This problem was solved on my iphone 5 by going to
Settings
imessage - turn imessage off
then go back and turn it on
go to send and receive and make sure only one phone number is checked
that fixed it for me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads