Purchased songs appearing twice?

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

No one judge me please, but I'm a fan of the show Glee so I buy the songs from iTunes each week. For whatever reason, each song is sold as it's own album, meaning the name of the song is also the name of the album. I never liked how they did that. So to make life easier, I always go in iTunes after I buy them and rename the album to something like "Glee: Season 3, Part 1" so they sort better on the Music app. Anyway, this is the first time I've done this since I got the new 4S with iOS5. I did what I always do, buy the songs from iTunes, rename the album and add my own artwork... When I did a sync, I noticed on my phone it not only put them where I wanted them with all my updated info, but it left copies of the original purchased versions in my song list too without the updated album or artwork. Yet when I look in iTunes on my computer, I only see one version of each, the versions I updated. Both versions play fine on the phone, but I'm worried about them now taking up double the space on the device.

I do sync to the iCloud, could this have something to do with it?

Any suggestions (other than to not rename them or not watch Glee)?

Thanks!

Marc