ringtones only showing in ringtones not text tones

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
My friend and myself both have an iPhone 4s. We both have mac computers and I showed her how to create ringtones and sync them to her phone. On my phone my custom ringtones show up in "ringtones" "text" "voicemail" "mail" on her phone the custom tones only show up under "ringtones" not any other section. I have tried removing the tones from her phone and putting them back.. doesn't work.

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
When I go into my sounds options and look at my text tones my custom ones do show up under "ringtones" but I have the option of choosing those to be my text tone.

Are you saying you can't check them off? Or are they not there entirely?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
They don't show up at all only as a regular ringtone they show up

Not for text mail voicemail etc

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'd say to sync again on iTunes.

- sync while ringtones are checked

- sync again while ringtones are now unchecked

- once again sync while ringtones are checked yet again

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
looks like its a trip to the apple store for her.. I tried the syncing thing and also restored the phone as new and still no ringtones in the other sections..

jwill30

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
they are to big for text tone..

I had this same issue, but with a Little research i was able to find out the problem.. For your ringtone to also show up as a text tone or any kind of alert it has to be less than 30 sec.ie(29.9) ringtones can be longer than this, i cut 1 second of my 30 sec ringtones and they all FINALLY appeared as a text tone...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner