What do you want to see in iOS 5.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
iOS 5 is amazing but there are still things that clearly could make it even better. These are the things i would love to see in a .1 upgrade.

1. Ability to delete Photo Stream pictures - either on the device or through the web interface
2. Wifi picture sync/transfer - Wifi sync is useless to me if I still have to connect via USB to get my pictures onto my laptop. Yes Photo Stream deals with that too but you don't want to put every picture you take into Photo Stream
3. Apple ID linking - have two seperate IDs but link media bought with the IDs, very useful for family members with multiple devices
4. Notification Center available from lockscreen - as long as this is not an error on my devices why wouldn't it be available on the lockscreen to show you the info?

biggjoe

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
iOS 5 is amazing but there are still things that clearly could make it even better. These are the things i would love to see in a .1 upgrade.

1. Ability to delete Photo Stream pictures - either on the device or through the web interface
2. Wifi picture sync/transfer - Wifi sync is useless to me if I still have to connect via USB to get my pictures onto my laptop. Yes Photo Stream deals with that too but you don't want to put every picture you take into Photo Stream
3. Apple ID linking - have two seperate IDs but link media bought with the IDs, very useful for family members with multiple devices
4. Notification Center available from lockscreen - as long as this is not an error on my devices why wouldn't it be available on the lockscreen to show you the info?

Wow, I would love to see these upgrades.

tnrambler

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see the calendar app give me the ability to "Go To Date" with a tap. Can't believe that this elementary functionality is not already a part of the app.

gimpbabe

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I want to be able to have all my pics from iPhoto synced.

Nice to have, but no loss without - ability to select amount of vibes instead of the phone vibing with each ring.

I would also like to have to option to have all text messages time stamped. As it is, I have no idea when texts came in, except for the few random date/time stamps.

Reactions: Previous_Future

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
FaceTime on 3G but I don't think all carriers would agree on that

FaceTime on 3G already exists on some carriers apple flipped the switch but most carriers won't flip the switch

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
- MORE Twitter integration. Let me tweet from anywhere. Either give me a "quick tweet" (??) widget in notification center or a swipe to bring up the normal tweet interface.

- quick reply from notification center ( and lockscreen ).

- Calendar events that show on the lockscreen ( all day, not just after the alert ).

furygoalbrtis39

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

I MAJORLY second number 3

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I would also like to have to option to have all text messages time stamped. As it is, I have no idea when texts came in, except for the few random date/time stamps.

I will agree with this one also, and to add I'd love to have a sound alert for iMessages separately so they don't have the same tone as my SMS/mms msgs:)

redneck86

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I saw this in another post... what about home screen tilting so its not kinda messed up going into or out of a tilt screen game/app.

I would also like the option to choose Facebook or twitter OS buttons
photo stream delete.. because not every picture is perfect and worth sharing on all my devices

and prob the biggest is face time over 3g.. even if it required a minimum signal strength
when the Ip4 was shown by jobs it seemed as if face time on 3g would be a option soon... it may have been jobs sugar coating a carrier block.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The ability to turn wifi on and off and also do the same for airplane mode from within the swipe down Notification Centre.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see a switch for switching wifi and airplane mode on/off from on the swipe down notification area. For me now, I find that wifi and airplane mode are just a little bit too deep in the settings for quick access.

joanthansblog

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
siri on iphone 3gs and iphone 4; airplay mirroring for ipad1 and in lion 10.7.3 some airplay mirroring for my mac with imessage/facetime built into ichat and notification center :D

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Group chat management in the messages app is all I really want right now. We should be able to name a group and be able to remove or add people from the chat or be able to remove yourself. I hate getting group chat spam. It really really REALLY gets on my nerves how I can't remove myself from the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal