- 11-02-2011, 09:45 AM #26
i would like to see several things...
--notification icons in the status bar
--updated contacts app (redesigned UI and theres certain tons of features that could be added
--mail enhancements, I use email more than any other thing on my phone...features are definitely lacking and updated UI would would help the eyes
--panoramic photos would be great
--ability to add attachment from the mail application/compose window
--facetime over 3g
I know UI changes definitely wouldn't come in a .1 update but i just thought id mention...and I'm sure we can all go on for paragraphs but those would improve my experience
Also, are you guys aware that notifications can be swiped left to dismissed now?
- 11-02-2011, 10:08 AM #27
Here is my wish list:
- more customization around notification reminders, particularly repeat reminders. It seems like text messaging is the only app that really offers this. But I think it is equally important for email/calendar/phone, etc.
- toggle switch for wifi
- ability to see contact's picts in text email and phone overview screens, as well as in the text conversation screen.
- synergy with facebook and linkedin
- notification LED actually working
- ability to silence all vibrating alerts when plugged in (sick of being woken up at night by a call/text or email.
- icon in the upper most status bar showing what type of notifications are pending in the drop down screen.
- fix bug on being able to manually customize order of notifications. Seems to never stick after I reorder.
- fix bug so that the recently added smart playlist actually presents on iphone as it shows in itunes on the comp. I like to see my recently added music from the top down.
- Ability to hide Newstand.
- Option in App Store to see most recently added of all categories.
- Option to wake lock screen when plugged in. This helps for all those people using as nightstand although there is a separate app.
- Ability to see and edit photostream/photo folders and music in icloud from any computer.
- Add a calendar view to photostream so you can view by date.
That's about it ... for now. But great update in IOS 5.
- 11-02-2011, 10:16 AM #28
Also would like to see API for third party apps to use widgets.
- 11-02-2011, 11:41 AM #29
- 11-02-2011, 11:45 AM #30
- 11-02-2011, 02:07 PM #31
Coming from webOS here is my wish list:
- I miss being able to swipe away notifications: You should be able to swipe away notifications on the lock screen and in the notification center. It is not very user friendly to have to hit a tiny x then clear in the notification center. Plus what if I want to leave one or more of the notifications? (I am aware you can left swipe the banner notifications.)
- Having the front "home button" blink when I receive new notifications. They would need to put a light under the home button in the next phone but for now they could have the LED slowly and dimly blink.
- A way to switch directly between apps on the iPhone, like the 4 finger swipe on the iPad. Maybe a full screen side swipe or something.
Last edited by jnmfox; 11-02-2011 at 02:38 PM.
- 11-02-2011, 02:11 PM #32
- 11-02-2011, 02:29 PM #33
- 11-02-2011, 02:38 PM #34iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
Able to delete or clear photostream on any device
*ABILITY TO SELECT WHICH PHOTOS TO STREAM
Siri turning Bluetooth on/off
Playlist bugs FIXED! Again. *(What is with apple and recurring small bugs?)
FOLDERS! To organize notes! (nothing fancy)
SMS BG custom
Tap screen away keyboard instead of swipe down*
Contact Photos on chat logs*(visually easier to see who's who)
Group chat options!*
-chat log title (instead of ex. John smith; Lisa smith ;..etc)
-chat log image
-individual group mute options*
-add or remove people from chats
(basically like WhatsApp)
Adding a message app icon in multitask bar or in notification menu like iPod controls / music app. *
- 11-02-2011, 03:19 PM #35
- 11-02-2011, 06:00 PM #36iPhone Newbie
- 18 Posts
Apart from many of the things mentioned above, he two things that I'd like to see (on my old iPhone 4) is:
- Location specific sound profiles. (I know sound profiles already mentioned, but to have them location specific would be great. Funny how the ringtone you pick at the weekend seems to embarrassing when you suddenly hearing it blaring out in the office on Monday morning...)
- Ability to subscribe to podcasts within the iPhone with automatic background download of latest updates.
- Oh, and wifi sync that works for me on Windows 7 x64 / iPhone 4.
That's my bit...
- 11-03-2011, 10:45 AM #37
- 11-03-2011, 11:10 AM #38
- 11-03-2011, 11:30 AM #39
- 11-03-2011, 01:26 PM #40
- 11-03-2011, 02:20 PM #41iPhone Nanite
- 4 Posts
ability to add SAVED folder to mail
- 11-03-2011, 02:46 PM #42
iOS 5 is amazing but there are still things that clearly could make it even better. These are the things i would love to see in a .1 upgrade.
1. Ability to delete Photo Stream pictures - either on the device or through the web interface
2. Wifi picture sync/transfer - Wifi sync is useless to me if I still have to connect via USB to get my pictures onto my laptop. Yes Photo Stream deals with that too but you don't want to put every picture you take into Photo Stream
3. Apple ID linking - have two seperate IDs but link media bought with the IDs, very useful for family members with multiple devices
4. Notification Center available from lockscreen - as long as this is not an error on my devices why wouldn't it be available on the lockscreen to show you the info?
- 11-03-2011, 02:58 PM #43
- 11-03-2011, 05:03 PM #44
- 11-04-2011, 08:35 PM #45
- 11-05-2011, 11:16 AM #46
- 11-06-2011, 08:54 PM #47
- 11-06-2011, 09:27 PM #48
- 11-07-2011, 05:43 PM #49
- 11-07-2011, 06:36 PM #50
- MORE Twitter integration. Let me tweet from anywhere. Either give me a "quick tweet" (??) widget in notification center or a swipe to bring up the normal tweet interface.
- quick reply from notification center ( and lockscreen ).
- Calendar events that show on the lockscreen ( all day, not just after the alert ).