Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,056 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default How do you know if someone left you a voicemail?

I'm just wondering because I only see that I missed a call but I see no notice that the caller left a voicemail. Is there a setting that I don't know about or am I supposed to just randomly check my voicemail to see if there are messages? I'm on a Sprint 4s by the way.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by nod_scene View Post
    I'm just wondering because I only see that I missed a call but I see no notice that the caller left a voicemail. Is there a setting that I don't know about or am I supposed to just randomly check my voicemail to see if there are messages? I'm on a Sprint 4s by the way.
    Have you set up voice mail? The iPhones come with "visual voice mail" which is the right most tab in the phone app (Favorites, Recents, Contacts, Keypad, Voicemail).
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    Thanked by:
    Superjudge (10-24-2011)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,056 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    Have you set up voice mail? The iPhones come with "visual voice mail" which is the right most tab in the phone app (Favorites, Recents, Contacts, Keypad, Voicemail).
    I haven't set up my voicemail as in I'm just using the same voicemail I have for years. I'm assuming you are saying I have to set up my voicemail anew for the iphone to get visual voicemail? I'll look into that. Thanks.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    4,312 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by nod_scene View Post
    I haven't set up my voicemail as in I'm just using the same voicemail I have for years. I'm assuming you are saying I have to set up my voicemail anew for the iphone to get visual voicemail? I'll look into that. Thanks.
    Yes, if you setup voicemail on the new phone, the visual voicemail tab will be active. On Sprint, if you try to use the tab, before setting it up, it'll just dial in to have you set it up.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,056 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Problem solved. Thanks again for your help.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,008 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I love the visual voice mail. However, I think it would be neat if you had the option to have a separate icon for it on the home screen.

Nonetheless, VVM is totally awesome!!!!!!