How to keep iTunes from syncing PC calender? Causing duplicates with iCloud calender

DJ Hellfire

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
So I've been struggling with this for hours now. I keep getting my calender events duplicating and non of the solutions I've found is working for me.

On the iPhone, when I go into Settings, iCloud, turn Calenders off, Delete from phone, turn Calenders back on again, then Merge the events, it immediately gets rid of all duplicates and works as it should. However, as soon as I sync the phone to iTunes, iTunes puts all the Calender events from my PC back onto the phone which recreates all the duplicates again. When I go under the Info tab for my phone in iTunes, it does not give me an option to uncheck computer calenders. It just says "no supported calender app can be found."

The other solution I've tried is deselecting Calenders from Computer from the Calenders tab at the top left of the Calenders screen. This removes the duplicates from the calender but the duplicates still show in the notifications pull down.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
In iTunes, do you have a check next to sync calendars with iTunes? If so, unselect it since you're syncing with iCloud.

DJ Hellfire

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
In iTunes, do you have a check next to sync calendars with iTunes? If so, unselect it since you're syncing with iCloud.

I don't even have that option. This is all I have:
iTunesCalenderOptions.jpg

Tillsworth

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem, and to solve it I just deleted the calender that had been synced with my PC. To do this, go into the Calendars app. Press 'Calendars' in the top left, then Edit in the top left again. Select the calendar that you'd like to delete then scroll down to the bottom and press 'delete calendar'. I had the same problem with duplicate notifications and this has solved it.

Hope that sorts it :)

Reactions: DJ Hellfire

DJ Hellfire

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem, and to solve it I just deleted the calender that had been synced with my PC. To do this, go into the Calendars app. Press 'Calendars' in the top left, then Edit in the top left again. Select the calendar that you'd like to delete then scroll down to the bottom and press 'delete calendar'. I had the same problem with duplicate notifications and this has solved it.

Hope that sorts it :)

Yup! That did it bro! Thanks a lot. Didn't even know you could delete calendars from there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2