Do you use Mac/PC or iCloud for device backup?

Do you use Mac/PC or iCloud for your device backups?

• Mac/PC

Votes: 30 46.9%
  • iCloud

Votes: 34 53.1%

• Total voters

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering what people are using for their backups since we are over a week into official release of iOS 5. Please vote away...

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I thought if you use your computer to backup you couldn't use iCloud? I thought its one or the other? Can u use both to back up?

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing both. Backup with wire on iTunes and usually do an iCloud backup on the phone.

Same here, though I don't connect to iTunes with a wire as often as before. iCloud nightly (just happens automagically); iTunes about once a week (or whenever I choose to connect).

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I haven't done either recently... Lol.

I want to use the iCloud, but I don't have enough space. I'm deciding whether I'll pay for the year for more or just sync it through the cable.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hold on what do u mean not enough space? There is a max amount of space for iCloud? You can only backup a certain amount of gigs? Also what do u mean pay? I thought it was free?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hold on what do u mean not enough space? There is a max amount of space for iCloud? You can only backup a certain amount of gigs? Also what do u mean pay? I thought it was free?

You get 5 GB for free, unless you were a MobileMe subscriber, in which case you got the $40 upgrade for 25 GB of space free for a year. You can buy additional storage space through iCloud.

Reactions: Duvi

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It is really nice to have the cloud backups though. Taking most of my data from my old 3GS to my 4S was so simple, did it right at the Apple Store. Had all of my personal data, my paid songs, and most of my apps on before I left the store.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am starting to like iCloud alot. I run a 60GB SSD on my notebook and 500MB games eat into that real quick. Having all the crap sitting on Apples hard drives makes me smile. I'm even starting a .me account. I'm turning into a full convert. Next is going to be replacing my notebook with a mac pro but that will have to wait until next summer or so. Need to get a house before I drop $2k on a computer.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
So if u only get 5 gigs of space to back up can I pick and choose what you want to back up ect?

Yes you can, go to settings - icloud - storage - manage storage. There you can select what to sync, my back ups are about 2.5 gb because of the pictures , I have now 25 gb available in icloud but after june 2012 i'm going to turn off my picture roll back up in icloud, it takes a lot of space if you have lots of video/pictures and you can manually move them to your computer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro