How to open miCal instead of Calendar out of lock screen notification?

daflexxx

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello there!

After trying and trying I need to ask now:

I'm using miCal instead of Apple's Calendar
Now I would like the lock screen notification of i.e. a reminder to open miCal instead of Apple's Calendar.

I already switched off Calendar's notifications totally (incl. bottom options) and of course activated miCal's notifications and also tested around with banners and alerts...
BUT if Calendar's notifications are on, it always opens Calendar when swiping and if Calendar is turned off totally and miCal is on NOTHING happens on screen... only the sound appears.

It was always like that in prior iOS versions but now with the new notification center, I'd like to max out the possibilities of using it.
Even though it sounds like a very personal issue, I can't imagine no one else has the same problem.
Does anyone know what to do?

Milan

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If it is the iOS calendar that is sending the notification then there isn't any way to have any other app when you open that notification.

If you can disable the iCal notifications and have the notifications come from miCal then it would open miCal - I believe that is the only way to have it launch miCal from the notifications.

daflexxx

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what've done...
disabled Calendar in the notifications and enabled miCal instead.

But then, nothing at all happens on screen for notifications, only sound.
A bit weird cause miCal is present in the notifications list or it simply doesn't work (yet).
Or Apple doesn't want third party apps to overrule the iOS apps...

:(

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what've done...
disabled Calendar in the notifications and enabled miCal instead.

But then, nothing at all happens on screen for notifications, only sound.
A bit weird cause miCal is present in the notifications list or it simply doesn't work (yet).
Or Apple doesn't want third party apps to overrule the iOS apps...

:(

Apple doesn't let any third party overrule the iOS app, but it shouldn't interfere with the notifications that come from the 3rd party apps.

Maybe it's a bug in miCal?

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
The only app I have been able to get a lock screen notification is Agenda. If I shut off the native cal lock screen notification and turn on Agenda's it displays with no issue when the alarm fires. I have not been able to do this with MiCal, Pocket Informant, week Calendar, and Smart Calendar. MiCal is not even displayed in the notification list.

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The only app I have been able to get a lock screen notification is Agenda. If I shut off the native cal lock screen notification and turn on Agenda's it displays with no issue when the alarm fires. I have not been able to do this with MiCal, Pocket Informant, week Calendar, and Smart Calendar. MiCal is not even displayed in the notification list.

Really? I get lock screen notifications with pocket informant for tasks. Events I haven't really tried since the events that I have with notifications are all in the iOS calander so I get the notifications through iCal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234