Reminders Wiped Out on Sync to Cloud

LoriS

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
So I spent some time entering all of my reminders on the recently updated iPad2 and discovered that this app isn't all its cracked up to be. I am really not a fan. First, if I want to set a reminder for 2013 I have to spin the date wheel through 2+ years to pick the date I want. It really should have had a month, day and year wheel. The interface is just too cumbersome. Second, I can't see where I can have a due date for a task and an alarm that happens say 2 days prior to the due date. Lastly, I, with great hesitation, flipped the switch to sync reminders to the cloud. I should have listened to the little voice in my head saying "don't do it", "don't trust the cloud" but I threw caution to the wind and flipped the switch. Big mistake!! The sync wiped out all my newly entered reminders on the iPad. All this and I still can't sync reminders with Outlook Tasks on my desktop (although this does appear to work with exchange accounts). I give up. I held off looking at other task management apps, hoping reminders was going to be it. Oh well, 2Do, hear I come.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried using it as well and ended up using my old reminders app instead. Not being able to set an alarm before the due date and no ability to schedule recurring tasks really limit the usefulness of it for me. There's also no badge icon for when items are overdue.

If apple updates it I will probably try it again, but for now it is banished to the third page of icons on my iPhone next to Newsstand.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
no ability to schedule recurring tasks really limit the usefulness of it for me

There is a "repeat" setting for tasks that allows you to specify a recursion time. When I check a task off as complete it auto-generates the next instance with the new due date. Seems to work ok so far...

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
There is a "repeat" setting for tasks that allows you to specify a recursion time. When I check a task off as complete it auto-generates the next instance with the new due date. Seems to work ok so far...

For some reason I'm not seeing that option. Can you clarify?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. I'll still be sticking with a third-party app for now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711