All apps re-enabled when syncing iphone

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I synced my iphone tonight and when I did, EVERY iphone app I have ever downloaded - or most of them - were suddenly enabled to be added to my phone.

I'll just say that it was telling my that it was 5GB over the capacity of my phone.

What I don't know is how all those apps got selected to be installed all at once. Anyone have any ideas?

I already removed all the extraneous ones, but I wouldn't mind knowing what, if anything, caused this so I can avoid it in the future.

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I do not know how this happened, but suspect that you upgraded to IOS5 and that caused all the apps to be enabled in the app tab.
Without phone connected open iTunes, Edit > Preferences > Devices (tab) and put a check by "prevent iPhones, ... from syncing automatically".

Then connect your phone to computer, and select your device, go to app tab and uncheck the apps that you do not want to be on the phone.

You can run a sync then. Also you can go back to preferences and uncheck the "Prevent ..." if you are satisfied, but as you add apps to your phone, you may want to leave it checked and control the sync manually as described.

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm really not sure why it happened since I had synced before without issue after installing iOS 5.

I did get all the apps that should be deselected removed again. I'm just not sure why they just got enabled randomly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods