Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Duplicate notifications in lock screen

I have 4 email accounts set up on my phone and iPad. Two are true Microsoft Exchange accounts, two are gmail accounts.

The two gmail accounts are generating notifications twice. I get two buzzes, two tones if sounds are turned on, and with the addition of notifications on the lock screen, double notifications. A notification appears twice for one email. This has happened on my iPhone 4, 4s, and iPad on iOS 5. The exchange accounts are fine. Anyone have any idea what's causing this?
    Verizon iPhone 4S white 32gb
    Verizon iPad black 64gb + 4g
    16gb white WiFi iPad 2
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5 GM

Quote Originally Posted by aggieastrosfan View Post
    I have 4 email accounts set up on my phone and iPad. Two are true Microsoft Exchange accounts, two are gmail accounts.

The two gmail accounts are generating notifications twice. I get two buzzes, two tones if sounds are turned on, and with the addition of notifications on the lock screen, double notifications. A notification appears twice for one email. This has happened on my iPhone 4, 4s, and iPad on iOS 5. The exchange accounts are fine. Anyone have any idea what's causing this?
    So, you're getting all these notifications from the built-in mail app? o.O

Screenshot, possibly?