Notifications

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
This one has been driving me nuts. I had to do a restore yesterday because I lost iMessage and Facetime ability. Also, I am getting no notofocations from my apps, period. I have them enabled, and they did work until Saturday. Did the restore Sunday, what gives?

Mail and text messages works fine. However, no notifications from:

CNN
Twitter
NHL
ESPN
Etc.....

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I would have to ask if you are restoring from a back up or as a new phone? I know you're going to have to do it to all of those apps individually, make sure those apps have that pop up once you start saying, "would you like to receive push notifications". No iCloud restore, no iTunes restore, just start as a new phone. I would say that will help out with Facetime and iMessage also.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I did from a back-up. When I open the individual apps, it asks if I will accept push, I say yes. I go to notifications and see all the apps there with their characteristics (badges, alerts, etc).

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to my sister, I updated her iPhone and that notification screen never popped up only for her mail and text messages. I didn't want to Restore her phone, because of all the pictures she had. I'd have to say something came along with your back up. I'd start fresh, just to make sure its the back up.

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
same thing is happening to me i have restored it twice also no notifications at all, if we will restore it as New then how we will gonna have those contacts and messages back again on our phone is there any other way else the itunes backup?

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Well for me I had my phone numbers backed up with Google, I had to transfer all of my numbers one by one to iCloud. I guess that is the only way, I can say will help you with your contacts situation. The messages, I never really cared for no one contacted me besides my GF. I can't answer that one, hopefully an update will fix, this Notification dilema.

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
everything is on every push notification option is on but its not working at all its just stuck dunno why!!

SwsFoe

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
The only app that isn't sending push notifications for me is Facebook. I checked the setting and all seems to be right and on but for some reason will not send them.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
That's just Facebook sucking. I get about 1 alert out of every 3-5 that I should get. It's pretty terrible at notifications.

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I have restored my phone trice, twice i have restored it as "New" , i have reinstalled the apps so many times but nothing happening i think we have to wait for apple update for this bug!!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
The only app that isn't sending push notifications for me is Facebook. I checked the setting and all seems to be right and on but for some reason will not send them.

you can try using Boxcar, but that seems like hit & miss for me with Twitter timeline notifications

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
This one has been driving me nuts. I had to do a restore yesterday because I lost iMessage and Facetime ability. Also, I am getting no notofocations from my apps, period. I have them enabled, and they did work until Saturday. Did the restore Sunday, what gives?

Mail and text messages works fine. However, no notifications from:

CNN
Twitter
NHL
ESPN
Etc.....

If you'd like, you can take my duplicate SMS notifications. I'm getting the initial DING of a text, then when I unlock the phone a second DING for the same message. I have reminders set to never.... Is there anything else I have to do to stop this????

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro