Wireless sync problems

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok so since I updated all my I devices and computer and everything to current software. I now have problems with wifi syncing. It was working fine up until today. Today I've been having problems. I had to reset my router three times to enable wireless syncing. The weird thing is I could still connect to the Internet on all devices including the computer, I could still stream movies from Netflix,etc. anybody else having these problems or know a solution?

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I get an error message that the iPhone could not connect. Sometimes it resolves itself and sometimes I have to do a reboot of router. Same thing happens with my home sharing. Even though everything else on the network works fine when this is happening.

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
i dont understand it at all , are we talking about iTones wi fi sync ? it seems i have to go to it , plug the phone in and have itunes running to use it , is that correct ? what's the point of it , i must be missing the point or its not working right ., cheers for any info D

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
yeah I am talking about iTunes wi fi sync. It enables iTunes to sync to your i device wirelessly as long as you are on the same network as your computer. But after a few days I'm having problems with mine staying reliable.

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the same issue as well. First off, my itunes opens on its own every 5 minutes. Then, once it opens it will list random devices from the house, but not all of them, (we have a total of 5 devices, but itunes will bring up 2 or 3 different ones each time). Then I get some error message that tells me that itunes could not connect to the specific devices. I also have it to back up to icloud rather than the pc. Don't know if this matters or not.?

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the same issue as well. First off, my itunes opens on its own every 5 minutes. Then, once it opens it will list random devices from the house, but not all of them, (we have a total of 5 devices, but itunes will bring up 2 or 3 different ones each time). Then I get some error message that tells me that itunes could not connect to the specific devices. I also have it to back up to icloud rather than the pc. Don't know if this matters or not.?

I have mine to back it up to iCloud a well. But for some odd reason syncing was working fine since the update came out until yesterday and today. In the last 24 hours I reset my router 4 times. I have apple care calling me back later this afternoon. Hopefully ill have answer later. I'm hoping it's a software issue and not my router.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2