don't want alert sounds during phone calls

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure there is an easy fix/setting for this but I can't find it.............when I am on a phone call and get a alert of some kind, I can hear it as it interrupts the conversation. How do I turn that off?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can...but it is only audible to you, as far as i know, as this has been the same on all iPhones, the sound is not heard by the other party...

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you can...but it is only audible to you, as far as i know, as this has been the same on all iPhones, the sound is not heard by the other party...

It can be heard thru the speaker... and yes, there should be at least a setting to turn off audible alerts while on the phone

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
yeah this pisses me off everytime this happens it'd be nice if I could say alert me but dont play a sound at least like I could on my BB (about the only plus of a BB) haha

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
You can turn the vibrate off. In Settings and Sounds you can disable the vibrate function. You should still hear sounds...

i don't want to turn the vibrate off. I want sound and vibrate when not on a call. The phone knows when i am on a call. It also knows when the phone is up against my ear on a call....it shouldn't vibrate.

iOS didn't use to do this.

mahesh chalamcharla

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
yeahhh dis ****t happens on all ios, 5 even.... its irritating me gettin vibrated on a fone call...... nd guuyss can i applly vibration settings onlyy for a call nd not for an sms????????

HuKaShI

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the same complaint. I'm also coming from a BB. The BB is super configurable. I thought that the iPhone would at least be able to do this one task. So simple.

I like how someone put it, that the phone knows when it's on a call and it's next to my face, and so it should know not to play notification sounds directly into my ear!

Let's go apple. Make the fix!

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 4 before ios5 screamed alerts into my ear. I imagine it depends on how high your ringer volume is set. I can't fathom why anybody thought someone would want to here a screaming alert in their ear while on the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro