Twitter push notifications!!

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
this should happen with the Twitter app installed I know it has for me since I installed it like 2 months ago

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Should work fine with the twitter app ( you must download the twitter app from the app store to get push notifications ).

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there any other app else boxcar & tweetbot? Have anybody tried hootsuite, seesmic or tweetdeck will any of these apps push every tweet that comes in??

Rudeboy254

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Boxcar seems to not want to push all my tweets! I wished twitter had a setting for this, this is the only gripe i have with my new iphone!

vthokies

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea, if there's a way that would be great!

My goodness... That would be annoying! I'd throw my phone into a creek.

By the way, you can also go to the twitter website and subscribe to everyone you follow. It will then send a text message to your phone every time they tweet. You just have to remember to put your cell phone number into your twitter settings.

Rudeboy254

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My goodness... That would be annoying! I'd throw my phone into a creek.

By the way, you can also go to the twitter website and subscribe to everyone you follow. It will then send a text message to your phone every time they tweet. You just have to remember to put your cell phone number into your twitter settings.

I don't follow a lot of people so it wouldn't be as annoying as it would sound! But ill try it that way!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway To push new Tweets to my phone! Something thats been missing for me since i left blackberry!!!

you mean when you open Twitter the new tweets get pushed to your phone?

I dont have an iphone (yet) so I dont know how twitter works with the iphone.. but with my BB 9700, I set the 'refresh' rate to say every 5 minutes or so and then when I open/launch twitter, it refreshes the most recent tweets..
Is this what you mean my "push"?

Rudeboy254

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I dont have an iphone (yet) so I dont know how twitter works with the iphone.. but with my BB 9700, I set the 'refresh' rate to say every 5 minutes or so and then when I open/launch twitter, it refreshes the most recent tweets..

Yep that exactly what I mean.... I use to have a bb storm, and that's the only thing that I miss from my strom..... Hopefully twitter will make a notification push for tweets in the future for iPhone.

Steve28

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Push means that the tweets would get pushed to the phone WITHOUT having to open the app. Sort of like a text message.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
^^^ and that's not how the iphone/twitter app works currently?

No...it pushes notifications for when you have new @mentions or replies; what Rudeboy wants is that every tweet from everyone he follows shows up as a new notification on his phone, basically like a text message might.

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
For whoever has Boxcar, has it been working for you since iOS5? My boxcar hasn't, it's stopped showing notifications.

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Nah boxcar is also not working at all as far as i am experiencing after ios 5 puch notifications are not working at all theres some issue!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711