Twitter push notifications!!

Speak

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
For whoever has Boxcar, has it been working for you since iOS5? My boxcar hasn't, it's stopped showing notifications.

My boxcar is working fine, but I did install it AFTER the iO s5 update... before that I didn't want any push twitter notifications, for I think obvious reasons. Also, I set the notification settings inside the app and in settings, in that order if it helps.

I don't receive a twitter notification every time someone posts a tweet (I follow a good number of people), but every 15 min or so it gives me the most recent tweet with an appendage at the end " +15more" etc.

Todd M

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
On Android, you can set up new tweets from those you follow to show up and specified intervals. I had mine set at every hour. I don't understand why it is different in iOS. To save battery maybe? I'd like that functionality back, but can't get Boxcar to do it consistently.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Boxcar seems to not want to push all my tweets! I wished twitter had a setting for this, this is the only gripe i have with my new iphone!

Boxcar will only send you new tweets if you create a new service for every user whose tweets you want pushed to you?which only works if those users' timelines aren't protected. Tweetbot won't do it either. I don't know of an app that will. Perhaps the Twitter API is limited...?

Todd M

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Has to be by design in iOS. This was a default in Android. I do miss that coming from my Thunderbolt. Not sure why iOS won't let you get tweet notifications unless it is to save on battery. I liked getting notified that I had new tweets to look at. Oh well, different OS different results.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Has to be by design in iOS. This was a default in Android. I do miss that coming from my Thunderbolt. Not sure why iOS won't let you get tweet notifications unless it is to save on battery. I liked getting notified that I had new tweets to look at. Oh well, different OS different results.

It's just individual tweets you don't get. This isn't a limitation of the OS, it's a limitation of the application for it not to be able to send you notifications of every single tweet.

As far as platform is concerned, Apple's SDK doesn't allow applications to actively load data in the background.

Honestly, if you want every tweet, just check Twitter fairly regularly. With good Twitter apps (i.e. Tweetbot, Twitter for iPhone), there is gap detection for you to get all those tweets ;)

Todd M

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
It's just individual tweets you don't get. This isn't a limitation of the OS, it's a limitation of the application for it not to be able to send you notifications of every single tweet.

As far as platform is concerned, Apple's SDK doesn't allow applications to actively load data in the background.

Honestly, if you want every tweet, just check Twitter fairly regularly. With good Twitter apps (i.e. Tweetbot, Twitter for iPhone), there is gap detection for you to get all those tweets ;)

Cool, I will give those a try!

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone list good free twitter apps which will push notiications for individual tweets we recieve, because official twitter app is also not notifying about messags, mentions, or if someone started followin you not a single alert!!

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone list good free twitter apps which will push notiications for individual tweets we recieve, because official twitter app is also not notifying about messags, mentions, or if someone started followin you not a single alert!!

The twitter app is not supposed to alert you when someone starts following you. As for not getting notifications for new messages and mentions, it should be doing that so you must have something set up wrong. The twitter app has always pushed notifications for those 2 things unless you have it disabled somehow. Try uninstalling and reinstalling.

warisweb

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I am facing same problem. I have changed lot's of twitter client but push notifications not working in my i Phone 4,
I have checked my all notifications settings they all are enable. my because I used Anrioed it's
Notification system is very fast and simple.
Please suggest me any app who shows all notifications of Twitter.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I am facing same problem. I have changed lot's of twitter client but push notifications not working in my i Phone 4,
I have checked my all notifications settings they all are enable. my because I used Anrioed it's
Notification system is very fast and simple.
Please suggest me any app who shows all notifications of Twitter.

Do you have Mobile Notification enabled for each person you follow? If not, you may have to go to the full Twitter site to do this.
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711