Notifications Disappear Too Soon?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I have a question about lock screen notifications. Let's say this is my situation:

I have an SMS notification and an email notification on my lockscreen.
I swipe the email to open my mail app and read it.
When I go back to the lockscreen, the SMS notification is gone.

I believe this is by design, but I wonder if there is a setting to keep notifications on the lockscreen until you deal with them in some manner? It seems wrong to me that acting on one notification should clear them all, even if they are still in the pull-down notifications.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If you unlock it clears the lock screen. That's by design as the lock screen shows you alerts you missed WHILE your phone was locked. If you unlock, you then need to pull down notification center to look at the rest of the alerts.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It clears in the lock screen but it is still in the notification center swipe down and you can see it.

I know...that's what I just explained in my post. My question is "Is there a way to prevent the lock screen from clearing notifications you haven't dealt with?"

(Because you can't access the drop down panel at the lock screen.)

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I know...that's what I just explained in my post. My question is "Is there a way to prevent the lock screen from clearing notifications you haven't dealt with?"

(Because you can't access the drop down panel at the lock screen.)

theres not a way..

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you unlock it clears the lock screen. That's by design as the lock screen shows you alerts you missed WHILE your phone was locked. If you unlock, you then need to pull down notification center to look at the rest of the alerts.

Right. I wish Apple had made the pull-down panel available on the lock screen; I'm so used to using InfoShade in Lockinfo that I can't get used to having to unlock my phone to see notifications...

Bill Skevis

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I've got the same issue with messenger app though... When someone's sends me a message in messenger (Facebook app) it disappears like in no time.. It doesn't happen always and I can't find the reason... It only occurs in messenger app

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Right. I wish Apple had made the pull-down panel available on the lock screen; I'm so used to using InfoShade in Lockinfo that I can't get used to having to unlock my phone to see notifications...

I can pull my notification center screen down while on the lock screen.

As you can see, I have it pulled halfway down to demonstrate.

42d6cccba1a3ef78916e174b10639d54.jpg

Howard Brazee

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I get a notification, put my finger on the home button, and the notification disappears. I search everywhere for that notification, but nothing makes sense. What I need to do is remember to touch the home button with a different finger, that doesn't open my phone.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I get a notification, put my finger on the home button, and the notification disappears. I search everywhere for that notification, but nothing makes sense. What I need to do is remember to touch the home button with a different finger, that doesn't open my phone.

Pull down from the status bar on top. This will show you all notifications you have received in the last few days.
The most recent notification will be on top. From there you can interact with it as you please.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Don't press the home button. Press on the banner notification. Or tap it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro