Whats your text tone?

jon01

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
i am hoping creating this thread will help me think of a good text tone to use. right now i am using the achievement unlocked sound for new email. i tried to use it as a text tone but i think it just didnt seem right. what are you using?

KashSystems

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I use the standard text tone for all texts except when my wife text me. Then when my wife text me, yoda voice says " Message from the dark side there is".

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I am using the power rangers wrist communicator tone. Brings back good ole memories. Plus every time I get a text, I respond to it by saying "Yes Zordon?"

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I am using the power rangers wrist communicator tone. Brings back good ole memories. Plus every time I get a text, I respond to it by saying "Yes Zordon?"

Did you buy that?! That was my favorite show as a kid! And I'll admit, I still watch it sometimes haha.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Whatever the normal text sound that came as default was. I do want to change it though, since almost everyone in my family has the same sound on there and we all look like losers when we hear it and go for our phones.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine is always the standard text tone, but I might change it to something else. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to download texts, and ring tones, and put them on your phone? I used to have the Crank ringtone on my Blackberry, and I would like to put that one on again.

jon01

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Mine is always the standard text tone, but I might change it to something else. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to download texts, and ring tones, and put them on your phone? I used to have the Crank ringtone on my Blackberry, and I would like to put that one on again.

yeah just do a search for "itunes ringtone" or something. its basically convert a file in itunes to AAC. then find the file in explorer/finder. change the extension to .m4r, drag it into itunes and you are done.

Reactions: E_Brown

Tillsworth

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a ringtones app where you select the song you wanna use, you can cut it to however many seconds you want. You then upload that to itunes as a ringtone then download it back onto the phone and you're sorted. It's called 'Ringtones' imaginatively. I have the Super Mario Theme as my ringtone and tri-tone as my SMS. I wanna change my SMS one but I'm so used to it now.

Reactions: E_Brown

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Calypso, at the moment..

looking forward to jailbreaking so i can change my Facebook tone from the dreaded Tri-tone sound :mad:

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
Currently I use the "Telegraph" text tone but once i get my other tones synced and with the addition of the new stuff in iTunes ill change it. When I was jailbroken I was using Star trek sounds

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I go back and forth between "ahem ahem" and "pssst." I made both of them. The "pssst" one usually startles everyone within earshot.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73