Weather widget help please

Andy357

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Updated iPhone 4 to OS 5 last night, everything running smooth so far. Only problem I've found is not being able to see weather widget on lockscreen. I've adjusted settings but still no luck. Any advice would be appreciated.

lawtai

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can get the weather to show up on the lock screen. You can get it to show up on the notification screen when you pull down the top when you're already unlocked, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that it'll show up on the lock screen.

Reactions: Andy357

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Ya there is no weather widget on the lock screen.

This is a disappointment for me. I was expecting to be able to see the weather widget or the pull down notification from the lock screen. So basically this mean I will JB when an unthether JB becomes available.

Andy357

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everybody for your help. For some reason I thought the weather would show on lock screen but I stand corrected. C'mon untethered JB!!! lol

alphasportstv

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Ya the advance promo never really demonstrated precisely how the new notification system would work, so I too expected to see all these cool widgets on the Lock screen when in fact they mostly only show on the pulldown screen.

The new system is a huge improvement, just not exactly what many expected. That goes for iMessage as well...not exactly a BBM replacement IMO. Then again, will all RIM's probs of late, BBM may end up as an anecdote in the history books ! :(

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Ya the advance promo never really demonstrated precisely how the new notification system would work, so I too expected to see all these cool widgets on the Lock screen when in fact they mostly only show on the pulldown screen.

The new system is a huge improvement, just not exactly what many expected. That goes for iMessage as well...not exactly a BBM replacement IMO. Then again, will all RIM's probs of late, BBM may end up as an anecdote in the history books ! :(

I have to agree with you on the notification center / lock screen expectations I had at first. I greatly miss seeing my upcoming events on my lockscreen ( LockInfo ftw right? ). Besides that, I really love iOS5 and the only things I miss from my jailbreak is: LockInfo, BiteSMS ( only for quick reply ), and SBSettings, then again that's pretty much all I had installed anyways.

I disagree with you on the iMessage not a BBM replacement. Instead of giving someone a pin# or even a phone number, give them the email address you associate with your iMessage account. From there, they can contact you via iMessage through that email and it will sync to all iOS5 devices ( even those without texting plans ). I think that's where iMessage really shines.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with you on the notification center / lock screen expectations I had at first. I greatly miss seeing my upcoming events on my lockscreen ( LockInfo ftw right? ). Besides that, I really love iOS5 and the only things I miss from my jailbreak is: LockInfo, BiteSMS ( only for quick reply ), and SBSettings, then again that's pretty much all I had installed anyways.

I disagree with you on the iMessage not a BBM replacement. Instead of giving someone a pin# or even a phone number, give them the email address you associate with your iMessage account. From there, they can contact you via iMessage through that email and it will sync to all iOS5 devices ( even those without texting plans ). I think that's where iMessage really shines.

Do a tethered JB. bitesms works great with it. That is the main reason I JB too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2