Update to iOS5 first?
I have a 3GS and should be getting my 4S tomorrow. Does it make any sense for me to try to update the 3GS tonight to iOS5 in advance of getting the 4S? I don't plan to keep the 3GS after I move everything over to the 4S, I hope to sell it. Will it make the process go faster tomorrow when I try to migrate my 3GS to the 4S or won't it matter? I don't wanna brick my 3GS the last day I have it either.
- 10-13-2011, 09:43 AM #2
- 10-13-2011, 09:48 AM #4
I'm not sure.. I'm trying to find one for my girlfriend though. She got pretty bitter when I wouldn't just give her my iPhone 4. Problem is, I'm pretty much as broke as they come, but I would love to buy one next pay check for her. I'd put iOS 5 on it anyways, so you could try. What might you want for it?
I would assume you wouldn't want to let it go between $100 and $150? I know those numbers are hard to hear.
I would be interested in working something out with you. I wouldn't be able to ship until next week. I assume you are in the US? If you want to take this off-line, send me a private message with more details.
- 10-13-2011, 10:09 AM #6
- 10-13-2011, 10:17 AM #7
I would wait, because you may have someone that wants iOS 4 for unlocking purposes...probably best to try and sell it and then ask if the future buyer wants it updated (since you won't be using it any more, it really won't make a difference whether its updated or not).
- 10-13-2011, 10:26 AM #8
- 10-13-2011, 10:33 AM #9
- 10-13-2011, 10:46 AM #10