Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Quote Originally Posted by phillies20 View Post
    It doesn't work at all for me either.. light, dark, whatever light.. strange apple has this in their OS and it doesn't work...
    You know, you could have a defective device and be driven to needing therapy and never know why? Kidding....

I believe it's either a bug in 5.0x or Apple didn't get it working the way we'd expected, but it appears to be fixed in 5.1 (I'm running the beta).

I had issues with the LED flash not working too during testing of 5.0 and after the GM came out, and "fixed" it by turning on the two "Vibrate" settings in Sounds panel and enabling the Custom Vibrations setting in the Accessibility panel.

Keep in mind that for the LED to flash for notifications that Accessibility setting must be enabled (duh, I know), the app(s) you want to get the flash working need to have notifications in the Lock Screen enabled, and for some apps - like the Gmail app - the app's "Sounds" setting in the Notifications panel needs to be enabled as well. Of course, the LED will flash in the Lock Screen or if the device is in sleep mode.

In 5.0x, when I had the settings set up and the 3 vibration toggles set to on my devices worked perfectly for me. Good luck.
    iPhone Intermediate

99 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twigstoy View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am having a Blonde moment... I can't find the led light notification???
    It is under Settings>General>Accessibility
    iMore Intermediate

311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scout_313 View Post
    I really wish there were LED notifications like on BlackBerry and my previous Motorola Android phones but at least things have gotten a little better with iOS 5.
    Hopefully it will be on the next iPhone. I loved the notification when I had a BB. BTW....That's the only thing I miss from my BB days. I love coming over to the Dark Side.
    iMore Intermediate

304 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts

It was too much for me. I didn't like it. My phone is usually on it's back anyways so it wasn't really getting noticed anyways until I was in the car or something with my phone laying in my lap. At that point it was really distracting and even startled me a few times. I've disabled it.
    iMore Nanite

9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Re: Led Notification

Actually it blinks for TXT on my iPhone 5 and email too. But it's the camera LED light that does it and I do not want to waste the light on those notifications.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12