Bugs & Issues ive found so far
Ive had iOS 5 for about a week and i found some issues that i was hoping would be fixed by the official release, but unfortunately, they havent.
1. You can access your phone without having to put in your passlock By double-tapping the home button and going into the camera app, someone can access your phone even if you have a passlock on it. When you get into the camera app from the lock screen, and click on the camera roll, it will say that your phone is locked and will not show the pictures, however, if you click the home button while in the camera app, it just unlocks your phone and you can use it normally and go back into the camera roll or do whatever you want. Thats a HUGE security risk and defeats the purpose of having a passlock on your phone.
2. Deleting music from your idevice. you can just swipe on any song, and delete it straight from your music app without having to do it through a computer, but when you plug in your idevice into itunes the song still shows up under music. however, when you click on it, it turns grey and gets an exclamation mark next to it. wth? also, i think its lame how there is no 'are you sure you want to delete this song' before actually getting rid of it. so beware of accidental swipes lol
3. OTA Software Updates always errors out. Idk if this is just me but when i click on the OTA software updates i always get some kind of error. is that the case with you guys too?
What do you guys think? Anyone have any solutions to any of these issues? This is by far the best iOS of them all and im very happy with it besides these issues. Hopefully Apple will get a move on it though because theyre kind of annoying bugs lol
- 10-13-2011, 05:46 AM #2iPhone Beginner
- 67 Posts
- 10-13-2011, 05:55 AM #3
1. Not happening for me. When I click home from Photos it just takes me to the lock screen to enter my pass code.
2. Worthless feature anyway since you still have to use iTunes to manage your music unless everything you own comes from the iTunes store.
3. There are no updates right now, and the update servers aren't online. I just get a message that I'm up to date - no error.
- 10-13-2011, 07:17 AM #4
my issue is that when there is a notification on the lock screen and my phone is password protected it seems to me that no matter what it is, the quick photo, fb notification, email, etc. That whoever has your phone can pick it up and not only access the notification / app but that then you can get into the phone without having to type in the passcode. Running a couple more tests this morning after doing a reset but this is what I found so far.
***EDIT*** ok if your phone is password protected and locked and you receive an email, message, notification, whatever while locked you DO in fact need to enter the passcode to get into the message details, rest of the phone notification, etc. just finished confirming this twice. Hope this helps!
Last edited by cajun_transplant; 10-13-2011 at 07:21 AM.
- 10-13-2011, 07:32 AM #5
My phone does not get unlocked that way. It takes me back to the pass-lock screen.
About the error message - There was an error message when people having GM installed tried to check for an update (was happening even after the public release). That has got solved for almost all now. When I check for an update it tells me that my firmware is up to date.
- 10-13-2011, 07:35 AM #6
hmm thats weird because the camera issue is still happening for me. was this a gm bug? maybe i updated my phone wrong and i still have the gm version, is there anyway of checking?
EDIT: nevermind i got it now! i think it was because my password was set to kick in 5mins after being locked, now that its immediate it doesnt do that. thanks guys
Last edited by tinymille; 10-13-2011 at 12:51 PM.