updating to ios5

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I am currently updating my iphone 4 to ios 5. It is at the Restoring iphone software, it looks like it's frozen but I am not sure?? It is taking forever and doesnt look like its going anywhere...

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
No error messages, just seems to be sitting there?!?! what shold I do??

Let it keep going. Mine was stuck where it said restoring apps and I thought it was froze. I ended up unplugging it then plugged it back into iTunes and it said that the sync was interrupted. When I plugged it back into iTunes it asked if I wanted to continue restoring so i clicked yes. Luckily it finished and I only ended up losing one app with data attached to it.

I synced my girlfriends 3GS and it did the same thing only I left it and everything worked out.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
okay thanks! It's been an hour and still sitting there so idk what the heck it's doing.. it's taking forever though!!

yomgigi

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have found a similar question on After updated the operating system to Apple iOS 5, i cannot turn off my iPhone4. -BidAnswer.com Fast helps for all your questions.. hope this help.
question

After updated the operating system to Apple iOS 5, i cannot turn off my iPhone4.

I have an iPhone4. And i heard i can update my operating system to Apple iOS 5. I have downloaded the iOS 5 IPSW file from the web and installed it for activating. But now i cannot turn it off. A round moving circle in the middle has been running for an hour. What is the problem?

answer
I suggest you restore to a previous OS, because IOS 5 just for testing, so they get feedback from you. IOS5 not yet stable

Here are the steps I took:

1. Launch Tiny Umbrella and make sure that your SHSH Blobs are saved for iOS 4.1.
2. I made sure that the host file was still pointing to Apple's servers
3. I launched Redsn0w and put the phone into the cracked DFU mode.
4. I then restored my iPhone 4 as normal in iTunes and I had no problems with the restore.

it comes from After updated the operating system to Apple iOS 5, i cannot turn off my iPhone4. -BidAnswer.com Fast helps for all your questions.

Last edited:

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Haven't updated yet, and just ready to go, but I have read many error reported, hope just as ICON5o2 said, will restore and update smoothly.

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
FIIIIIIIIIINALLY!! I had to unfortunately cancel it and it went into recovery mode. It then downloaded the update pretty fast. Everything was normal on my iphone. Just my music was not there but i heard many people were complaining of this. I am now syncing my music. ios5 is great so far!! good luck everyone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2