Apple ID now messed up

patx#AC

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
So, I think I screwed myself somehow and I will try to explain.

My old Apple ID wasnt an email address, just a username. I did have an email address linked to that Apple ID.

Not sure what I did wrong, but when I signed up for iCloud I used the email address that is linked to my old Apple ID as my new username/Apple ID and used the same password.

Now, when I try to update apps, ITunes asks for the old username and password, but now that password only works with my new apple ID name. When I ask for a new password to be associated with the old Apple ID name, nothing works. Its as if the old Apple ID name and account info wasnt transferred over to the new one. I hope that made sense.

What did I do and is there some way I can fix this??

wxologist

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
This exact same thing happened to me too...I'll be curious to see if you find a solution. I wish I could help. I thought there was going to be a way to merge them via appleid.apple.com but there doesn't seem to be. I went there because I actually called apple support to get some help on their automated "person" said that you could go there to merge IDs...but I couldn't find where.

Reactions: patx#AC

patx#AC

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I am glad Im not the only one this has happened to. I actually set up a reservation with the Genius Bar people tomorrow morning. I hope they can figure it out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2