Please help, all my contacts are deleted.

Jackal

May 5, 2009
Visit site
I have been using iTunes on a mac since 2009 now and none of my contacts ever synced to my address book. But they've always been on my phone. They transferred back and forth between phones. I must have gone through 3 or 4 actual iPhones and at least 30 fresh installs. But now after updating it iOS 5 all my contacts are gone. They aren't on iCloud either, I don't know how to get them all back.

Jackal

May 5, 2009
Visit site

Jackal

May 5, 2009
Visit site
this is the stupidest thing that icloud would sync the contacts on my computer OVER the contacts on my phone. like my computer is where i save everything right?

I go out to a bar and I ask a girl for her number and instead of putting it in my conveniently located pocketable cell phone.

I whip out the 15" macbook pro and proceed to log in and open up the address book.app to put her information in

this is so EFFING stupid it hurts. im so mad right now I have a headache

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't have my backups set to icloud. I still want my computer for that.

Go back to your last update. Also: you need to enable contacts on your Gmail. That's been saving my ass for a year.

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been using iTunes on a mac since 2009 now and none of my contacts ever synced to my address book. But they've always been on my phone. They transferred back and forth between phones. I must have gone through 3 or 4 actual iPhones and at least 30 fresh installs. But now after updating it iOS 5 all my contacts are gone. They aren't on iCloud either, I don't know how to get them all back.

Do u happen to have icloud set up already I had the same problem after I first set up icloud then I set I cloud not to sync contacts and they reappeared since then I set iCloud back to syncing contacts and it's seems to be working fine now

quarters

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Guess I'm taking my old Blackberry to Verizon tomorrow. I'll lose a few but its better than all. I have to learn how to backup better, but I guess the Cloud is supposed to help with that.

Jackal

May 5, 2009
Visit site
your initial icloud setup should save things, not delete them I can never understand why everything apple does is OKAY EVERYTHINGS ERASED

now lets put everything back minus that one thing you got rid of. I cant believe my backups folder is empty this makes no god damn sense

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
your initial icloud setup should save things, not delete them I can never understand why everything apple does is OKAY EVERYTHINGS ERASED

now lets put everything back minus that one thing you got rid of. I cant believe my backups folder is empty this makes no god damn sense

Did u try disabling iCloud syncing your contacts ? That worked for me they reappeared it seems to be working fine now for me but I freaked at first to

Jackal

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Did u try disabling iCloud syncing your contacts ? That worked for me they reappeared it seems to be working fine now for me but I freaked at first to
iCloud synced with my computer instead of my phone.

my computer only had 3 contacts in it

my phone was pushed these contacts and it erased all others. this is the last time I want to hear about iCloud fixing the problem on its own. its because of iCloud all my data is gone.

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
iCloud synced with my computer instead of my phone.

my computer only had 3 contacts in it

my phone was pushed these contacts and it erased all others. this is the last time I want to hear about iCloud fixing the problem on its own. its because of iCloud all my data is gone.

So are u saying u have no backups of your iPhone on your pc with the contacts u lost

Blade_Run

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Initially I had no contacts either. I either, 1. rebooted my iPhone or 2. Sync'd via cable with my laptop and they were restored. Sorry I can't remember which one, it was a looonnnggg afternoon. lol. But after doing one of the above, my contacts reappeared.

Jackal

May 5, 2009
Visit site

Pretty much all my backups are gone. I cant find a single one. I have no clue how they were erased.

I'm running lion and I tried looking in library/application support/mobilesync/backup/

but the folder is empty. if I go into itunes>prefrences and click on devices theres no backups.

I even checked my external hdd for my old computer. I did a full time machine copy to this external and theres not even a mobilesync folder on there. It makes no sense, I mean I bought this MBA around the same time I switched back to my iphone 3gs but I couldn't have gone 2 and a half months without syncing my phone.

I cant believe I can not find one backup. I tried restoring from the backup on iCloud but its basically the state my phone was in right after I upgraded to iOS 5.

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much all my backups are gone. I cant find a single one. I have no clue how they were erased.

I'm running lion and I tried looking in library/application support/mobilesync/backup/

but the folder is empty. if I go into itunes>prefrences and click on devices theres no backups.

I even checked my external hdd for my old computer. I did a full time machine copy to this external and theres not even a mobilesync folder on there. It makes no sense, I mean I bought this MBA around the same time I switched back to my iphone 3gs but I couldn't have gone 2 and a half months without syncing my phone.

I cant believe I can not find one backup. I tried restoring from the backup on iCloud but its basically the state my phone was in right after I upgraded to iOS 5.

Ya that's strange sorry to hear man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh