Question about lock screen notifications

blink1me82

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
I just got iOS 5 today and every time I get multiple text messages from the same person, each individual text is a different notification unlike in the previous os where it would just say the number of texts they sent. For example: (John text message (5)). Is there anyway to make it do that so that I just get a summarized view of who texted me, and not every individual text?

thanks!

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I think it does that on its own if they were received one after another. If you wait a little while, and someone else texts/calls, I think it will display a number next to the first one.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I just got iOS 5 today and every time I get multiple text messages from the same person, each individual text is a different notification unlike in the previous os where it would just say the number of texts they sent. For example: (John text message (5)). Is there anyway to make it do that so that I just get a summarized view of who texted me, and not every individual text?

thanks!

If you go into the settings/notifications/messages menu you can change the amount of recents that show, the default is 5 for everything. If you drop it down to 1, it should be what you are looking for.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am having trouble getting them to show on my lock screen- I have it set to show my calendar and i see it if i swipe down but now when its on the lock screen- any thoughts- also weird- tried to do a reset thinking that was it and the screen changes I made moving icons seem to have gone back to original...

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am having trouble getting them to show on my lock screen- I have it set to show my calendar and i see it if i swipe down but now when its on the lock screen- any thoughts- also weird- tried to do a reset thinking that was it and the screen changes I made moving icons seem to have gone back to original...

I have a Couple all day events on my calendar, and they don't show on lock screen even though it is set to show on lock screen. I'm assuming that that it only shows up if there is a time to remind you of it. But I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711