SMS Message Inbox Full.....?

BluffCityRat

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Now I am having this problem. I have never seen this before. It's telling me I can't receive any texts until I delete some of mine... I guess I could manually start deleting texts???? Never had this problem with the last OS.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen this before, and I text a lot. Obviously you text more, though. :D I think it would only tell you that if you were running out of space because of texts. I'd listen to your operating system.

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you on GM or final?
I've never heard an iPhone running out of space for SMS, but I've heard reports of people having this issue with GM.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Well if the iPhone has a limited amount of space (which all do), it's reasonable to think that having too many texts can take up the remaining space. If it's saying that, it means you're taking up a lot of space with your texts. I've never seen it before, but I clean my messages out every day.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
How do people keep their message app that full. I have two conversations from last week that I'm saving, and it's driving me nuts looking at them. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

BluffCityRat

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't know I just never delete any of my texts. But my SMS was obviously not full. I deleted all of my texts, and I'm still getting the same error message.

scotttisdale

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
My gf is having the same problem. Apparently the best thing to do is just take it in to an apple store and have them restore it. They will be able to save all of your apps, contacts, music and pics, but all of your texts and call and internet history will be deleted and all of your settings will be defaulted. Since you already erased all of your texts, it shouldn't be too big of a deal. In the meantime, you could reset your phone every 30 mins or so (i know, it's annoying) and all of your pending incoming texts should pop up. You should have no trouble replying. Just tell everyone to email or call you until it's resolved. Hope that helps. Good luck!

BluffCityRat

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Solved the problem! I guess I should have done this before.

I restored my phone to factory settings and instead of starting at a previous backup, I set up the phone as a brand new phone.

I had all contacts and apps saved in itunes, and all my photos were already synced and saved to my computer.

All is well! So save all your crap on your comp and start fresh. Only thing that took time was re-organizing my apps back into folders.

Good luck.

ilovenickolas

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Solved the problem! I guess I should have done this before.

I restored my phone to factory settings and instead of starting at a previous backup, I set up the phone as a brand new phone.

I had all contacts and apps saved in itunes, and all my photos were already synced and saved to my computer.

All is well! So save all your crap on your comp and start fresh. Only thing that took time was re-organizing my apps back into folders.

Good luck.

I am having the same problem. How do you make sure your contacts and apps are saved in itunes?
So you connected your iphone to itunes, set it up as a brand new phone... then reconnected it and restored it from a backup? Did it save your texts too?
Ugh what a pain. Thanks for any help you can provide.

BluffCityRat

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem. How do you make sure your contacts and apps are saved in itunes?
So you connected your iphone to itunes, set it up as a brand new phone... then reconnected it and restored it from a backup? Did it save your texts too?
Ugh what a pain. Thanks for any help you can provide.

My contacts have always synced with Windows Contacts so they are always on my computer. You can synk your apps to iTunes whenever you plus your iphone up to your computer. Just click on your iphone in the left column and go to the apps tab and sync them with computer.

Then you do a full restore and wipe you phone blank. It will automatically put iOS 5 on the phone. Then you DO NOT do not restore it from a backup. It will automatically just sync the contacts and apps on itunes. You will not have any of your texts, and your apps will not be in folders.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
How do people keep their message app that full. I have two conversations from last week that I'm saving, and it's driving me nuts looking at them. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I agree. I read a text and delete it when the conversation is done, I cant stand looking at a full inbox. Lol.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I read a text and delete it when the conversation is done, I cant stand looking at a full inbox. Lol.

Yeah I do that with all of my texts, emails, work emails. I hate seeing a full inbox. One of my weird OCD things. I look at peoples Lotus Notes inbox's at work, and don't understand how they can have 500 emails in the inbox.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner