iOS 5 update - iPad 2 doesn't work and AppleTV won't update

Did you share the same iPad issue when updating to iOS5?

• Yes, I have the same issue and can't fix it!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Yes, I had the same issue but resolved it now. (please post how you fixed it!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope. The force is with me. Your iPad is on drugs.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tuscanidream

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully some one knows the answer to my issues:

iPad 2 - not jailbroken or unlocked ever
I updated iTunes yesterday to current version.
iPad was latest version before update released today.
iMac 27" i5 was latest version before update released today.

I clicked on my iPad 2 device within iTunes and then clicked backup. A backup file was created. It can be seen when I go to the preferences and click devices.

I then clicked check for updates and then clicked download and install.

Next an error message came up. I can't get this error message to reproduce. It had a number with it.

My iPad is stuck in DFU mode with the iTunes and connector cable symbol.

I try to click restore. It warns that it will erase everything. I clicked holding option but can not find my backup file that was created. No idea whats going on there. Am I looking in the right spot? It's listed in the preferences.

Updated iMac to 10.7.2, restarted, and clicked restore. It says that an error occurred. Now my iPad flashed between an apple symbol and a pinwheel. It also gives the computer warnings about drawing too much power from usb.

Help?:( I would like to hopefully restore from my backup.

AppleTV - not jailbroken ever
Was current version before today.

I clicked download and update now and after downloading completes... poof! "The update was not successful." I tried twice so far.

Whats going on?!?!

Please help if you can. The force is not with me. Thank you.

Last edited:

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my apple tv's but I think that it may just be because of the high demand on the servers right now, im waiting until later tonight then i'll try it again

tuscanidream

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my apple tv's but I think that it may just be because of the high demand on the servers right now, im waiting until later tonight then i'll try it again

Yeah, my apple tv now seems to be applying the update... thats a set further than before.

I put the iPad back into DFU mode via home + power then release only power button on restart. Clicked restore a bunch of times. It finally restored and is now recovering my backup automatically.

I was hella scared but now I think I'm all set. It must have been an overload issue with Apple's servers. Maybe it checks to see if the device is legit? IDK. All I know is that they should have a friendly "please wait while we try to connect to apples servers" message or something. I almost crapped myself.

Hopefully the DFU and keep clicking restore method will help some one else stuck.

ISSUES RESOLVED. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711