Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By graysonip
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

17 Posts

Default Stuck on "Restoring iPhone apps ..." PSA

I was fortunate to be able to download iOS5 to my computer, move past the dreaded 3200 error code (after 2.5 hours and at least 15 tries to update my iPhone), but then I got the message "Restoring iPhone apps" on my iTunes screen for about 40 minutes.

Just as I was typing this message to ask the community whether the issue was related to Apple server congestion, or whether my computer was just taking this long for iTunes to put my apps back on my phone after the iOS5 update, the message changed to "Restoring iPhone music and videos".

So, rather than asking the question, this is a PSA to the great TiPB community which has been my saving grace through today's trials and tribulations of the iOS5 update. The restoring apps portion of the update can take quite a while, and requires (at least for me), much patience.

Best to all!
    chickoom likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Thumbs up Great Info on Restoring Iphone Apps

That's good to know. I thought the process was broken. But now I see that it's just severely handicapped. But at least I know to be patient.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

After much deliberation I decided to upgrade to iOS5 today and got stuck with "Restoring iPhone apps...". Then I read your post and waited patienty. The upgrade seems to be progressing. Many thanks for your post - it has helped me.
    iMore Intermediate

108 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

I stopped my restore at that point, set up wi-fi sync, and transferred all of the apps and music back that way. Finished my "restore" faster than a couple of friends did. As fast as the apps load normally, I'm not sure why the upgrade was dragging out the process, but I didn't lose any app data, etc. *shrug*