- 10-12-2011, 05:54 PM #201
- 10-12-2011, 05:56 PM #202
- 10-12-2011, 05:58 PM #203
- 10-12-2011, 06:00 PM #204
- 10-12-2011, 06:00 PM #205
- 10-12-2011, 06:02 PM #206
Still can't upgrade though Might give up until the morning
- 10-12-2011, 06:03 PM #207
- 10-12-2011, 06:03 PM #208
iOS 5 Error 3194 - fix
This immediately fixed my 3194 error. Taken from TiPb user scruiD post in another thread:
You have Error 3194?
*** Check your hosts file (C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) - edit with notepad.exe and check for gs.apple.com, if you have a valid finding set a # to the beginning of the line to make this inactive or remove it when you do not need (its a redirect for cydia, so when you want to jailbreak again and the redirected will stay the same keep it inactive, otherwise remove)
- 10-12-2011, 06:04 PM #209
i was able to get it back into recovery. back to step one
for anyone wondering how to do it:
1. Ensure that iPhone is disconnected from your PC or laptop and power it off by holding the Sleep/Wake button. Wait for it to be turned off.
2.This step is important. Press and hold the Home button while you reconnect iPhone to your PC or laptop using the USB cable. Keep the home button depressed until you see a pop up in iTunes saying that iPhone is in recovery mode. You can release the button at this moment.
3.Click ok and follow the rest of the instructions. Please note that NO backup of iPhone will be done at this moment as in the case of normal restore. iTunes will then proceed to restore iPhone using your previous backups.
- 10-12-2011, 06:05 PM #210
- 10-12-2011, 06:05 PM #211
- 10-12-2011, 06:05 PM #212
- 10-12-2011, 06:07 PM #213
- 10-12-2011, 06:07 PM #214
- 10-12-2011, 06:08 PM #215
- 10-12-2011, 06:08 PM #216
OK!!!! I may have a solution!!!
Where does it take you? Mine went to Cydia!
So I went to
I opened the files "hosts" in notepad and put a # in front of the line
188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com then clicked save
So the line now reads
rebooted and installed no problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 10-12-2011, 06:08 PM #217
- 10-12-2011, 06:09 PM #218
- 10-12-2011, 06:09 PM #219
- 10-12-2011, 06:13 PM #220
Just to hopefully keep the bizarre "fixes" to a minimum:
I've captured the Http1.1 request that iTunes builds to send to gs.apple.com.
Sending that request through Fiddler results in an approximatley 70% failure rate (where a response of "STATUS=100&MESSAGE=An internal error occurred." occurs 70% of the time versus a response of "STATUS=0&MESSAGE=SUCCESS&REQUEST_STRING=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>" occuring approximatley 30% of the time. This is with the exact same request being posted to their server. It's just luck of the draw. As my luck would have it, I've tried about 20 times with no luck just yet.
- 10-12-2011, 06:13 PM #221
- 10-12-2011, 06:14 PM #222
- 10-12-2011, 06:15 PM #223
- 10-12-2011, 06:16 PM #224
- 10-12-2011, 06:16 PM #225