- 10-12-2011, 04:58 PM #176
- 10-12-2011, 04:58 PM #177iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
Update bricked my phone.....maybe
I attempted to do a restore to factory settings on my iPhone4 today. iTunes wiped my phone and then attempted to install and upgrade to iOS5. That's when I get the wonderful 3002 error.
My phone is now stuck in recovery mode and does not work at all.
I took the phone into the Genius Bar. They tried the same thing, connecting it to iTunes and doing a restore. Same error 3002. The "genius" then tells me that this means the iPhone is broken. My options are to pay $150 and trade in my iPhone4 for a replacement iPhone4 or wait and upgrade to an iPhone4S for $199.
I need a phone that works so I decided to hold on to my "broken" iPhone and buy a new one temporarily. $430 later I have a working iPhone4 with a 30 day return window. Hopefully they get this fixed and I can actually get my phone working again.
Don't trust the "geniuses"
- 10-12-2011, 04:58 PM #178
Network congestion. I've heard of people attempting 8+ times to update with no avail. I can assure it'll work tomorrow, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to wait that long! Apple is telling people to wait until tomorrow, but I've also heard of reports of where just trying again later helps.
- 10-12-2011, 04:59 PM #179
- 10-12-2011, 05:02 PM #180
- 10-12-2011, 05:03 PM #181
- 10-12-2011, 05:06 PM #182
I keep getting this and now my phone is stuck in restore mode so I can't do anything with it and then what else happens it won't connect to iTunes i'm close to calling someone and yelling at them. I don't care if the server is friggin conjested. My phone isn't working and thats a big deal considering its new.
- 10-12-2011, 05:07 PM #183
Well after 5 hours of downloading, backing up fighting errors. (Just like everyone else here.) I shut down the antivirus, opened the firewall (windows guy that I am it almost gave me an ulcer to do this ) and cleaned about half of the junk off my iPad. This gave me about 60% of my disk space clear.
Reran the installer and all updated fine.
I am happy this is an Apple device, had it been windows or linix I still would have been messing with it.
- 10-12-2011, 05:08 PM #184
- 10-12-2011, 05:20 PM #185
so i'm not in recovery, but i'm not out of it either. the screen has been alternating between the apple logo, the spinning circle, and the restoring screen with the progress bar. it is also not being recognized by itunes and all my info is gone. says n/a.
this is driving me crazy! any help?
Last edited by anneemonster; 10-12-2011 at 05:25 PM.
- 10-12-2011, 05:25 PM #186
- 10-12-2011, 05:30 PM #187
- 10-12-2011, 05:31 PM #188
- 10-12-2011, 05:31 PM #189
- 10-12-2011, 05:33 PM #190
- 10-12-2011, 05:38 PM #191
- 10-12-2011, 05:39 PM #192
- 10-12-2011, 05:45 PM #193
- 10-12-2011, 05:47 PM #194
- 10-12-2011, 05:48 PM #195
- 10-12-2011, 05:49 PM #196
- 10-12-2011, 05:50 PM #197
- 10-12-2011, 05:51 PM #198
- 10-12-2011, 05:52 PM #199
- 10-12-2011, 05:54 PM #200