Update Still Won't Work :(

buggyman

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
my phone seems bricked. I got an error message 3004 during download. then it asked me to restore but it wont do that now it just sits and spins the working symbol and wont turn on. Also itunes does not even show the phone as connected. Have done several reboots.

antwire

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
my phone seems bricked. I got an error message 3004 during download. then it asked me to restore but it wont do that now it just sits and spins the working symbol and wont turn on. Also itunes does not even show the phone as connected. Have done several reboots.

im getting exactly the same but im in the uk and apple have shut over here for the day so i cant even ring them to get a fix

globalist

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking:

What if Apple is preventing multiple attempts from the same IP in order to alleviate the current congestion issues? By applying a retry timeout limit let's say?

So I changed my IP (relogged into my DSL account) and voila! the Restore is now underway!

But then again I may have just lucked out same as many others already did.

BrianGollmer

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
If I select restore instead of update, it states that it will restore to factory settings, erasing media and other data. Is this wise?
Yes it erases your data and such BUT if you do a restore and have a backup from earlier you can restore to that backup anyways, that all the update button does, it sets it up to do that automatically

Reactions: schoey71

scruiD

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Please DON'T ANYONE try this. 127.0.0.1 is for your localhost address on your computer. This is telling your computer to always look locally when your computer is looking to go to "gs.apple.com. The person that posted this is nothing but a malicious a$$hole to tell people to do this. I am a Network Engineer and have been in the field for over 20 years.

***Meeeeeeeeep****

20 yrs in the filed as Network engineer should have teached you that a # does make a remark for this line,
so even if the gs.apple.com should be redirected to 127.0.0.1 it is not active with a # in front...

http://cdn-forums.tipb.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Jago999

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Error code 3200

I've tried all the suggestions, soft reset, airplane mode , disabe virus software ectect. Still no luck. Save your time. If it was a server issue , surely it wouldn't download, would it? Please help ,
,!

Cheepy

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
:eek: Same Here, Must be a server issue. millions of iDevices are being updated through apple srevers at the moment, creating a bunch of traffic. So you just have to get lucky enough to get through. Alternatively you can wait for a few more hours.

Love Cheepy,

ps.. Mine just worked. (6th time trying) :eek:

kingharvest

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been stuck in recovery mode with a dead phone - kept getting the same error messages.

I turned my firewall off and weirdly it worked first time, so maybe try that

deadringer28

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Important please read!!!!!

I just joined this forum in order to help out. At least this worked for me with my iPad2 and iPhone 4. Before you click on update find your device on the left side of iTnues and do a manual backup. Then hit update and it should work. Unless I got lucky twice this is what worked for me.

Edit. This failed on my ihone although I got further and it did give me a new error 3014 which clearly states that the computer can not access the apple servers.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
really thought i was f****d for a minute. changed my usb cable (the one that came with my iPhone 4 doesn't stay connected) to the old one from my first gen(?) video ipod and now it's restoring.

either that or i just got lucky lol :D:p

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about iCloud backup?

Assuming you're all talking about iCloud, it's a slow process, especially with how many users are trying to do it. This is why it's suggested that you back up when your phone is connected to Wi-Fi, locked, and charging. Normally I back up while sleeping and by morning it's all good. It will automatically back up if you just leave it be. Watching it is like watching a clock or a calendar.

Last edited: