- 10-12-2011, 10:35 PM #301
- 10-12-2011, 10:38 PM #302
Finally got my iPod touch 4th gen to install the update. Ugh this is a nightmare. None of my apps synced properly so I'm syncing them again so now they're all unorganized. Then somehow I ended up with 9gb of "other data" that better freaking disappear once this sync is finished. And on top of all this, I'm now seeing that none of my album artwork synced so all of my music is artworkless. What the hell, apple? I'm extremely disappointed in you right now. Setting up my iPhone 4s when it arrives better not be this freaking ridiculous.
- 10-12-2011, 10:43 PM #303
- 10-12-2011, 10:48 PM #304
- 10-12-2011, 10:59 PM #305
I'm not sure if this will help, but here goes.
I was able to update after the first attempt. Not sure if it made a difference but I made sure that my comp had all updates (iTunes 10.5 & OS X 10.7.2) shut down computer, turn on comp, then plugged iPod in, did usual sync and back ups. When that was done then check for updates and let it fly.
I haven't had any glitches or flaws or reattempts. REALLY hope this helps! Good luck!
- 10-12-2011, 11:01 PM #306
I was getting this error also on my iPad. I also got a message that my iPad could not be restored. It forced me to restore to factory settings. Which I'm glad that I did because after I did the restore it booted up with os5. The whole process
was about 3 hours.
- 10-12-2011, 11:05 PM #307
- 10-12-2011, 11:14 PM #308
For anyone getting that 3194 error, it happened to me and Verizon iPhone 4. I uninstalled all the apple software I had on my windows 7 computer and rebooted. Re-downloaded iTunes (took 40 minutes cause their servers are being decimated). While it was downloading I installed some windows updates that were pending .The download finished and I rebooted again to let windows update. I installed iTunes and rebooted again just to be sure and then opened it up and the update is going through as I am typing this.
- 10-12-2011, 11:35 PM #309
1. Ensure that iPhone is disconnected from your PC or laptop and power it off by holding the Sleep/Wake button. Wait for it to be turned off.
2.This step is important. Press and hold the Home button while you reconnect iPhone to your PC or laptop using the USB cable. Keep the home button depressed until you see a pop up in iTunes saying that iPhone is in recovery mode. You can release the button at this moment.
3.Click ok and follow the rest of the instructions. Please note that NO backup of iPhone will be done at this moment as in the case of normal restore. iTunes will then proceed to restore iPhone using your previous backups.
- 10-13-2011, 12:00 AM #310
- 10-13-2011, 01:34 AM #311iPhone Newbie
- 17 Posts
I got the 3200 error numerous times and eventually got my phone updated. Had to do the soft boot to get USB connection back. Restore didn't put music or videos back. Had to re-sync them.
User made ringtones wouldn't sync properly until I removed all user created ringtones and re-sync. Now I have Peter Griffin "Roadhouse" for text tone. This is a nice feature.
Had missing artwork in music and found that the artwork was missing on some songs. Manually corrected in iTunes and re-sync'd. This will cause problems with Match.
What happened to the ability to delete tracks from the player? Or was it not in beta?
Overall I'll give ios5 a thumbs up. iMessage is cool as is other updates. Nicely done..
- 10-13-2011, 01:55 AM #312iPhone Nanite
- 7 Posts
If you still have error 3200 and the servers are still too busy you can trick around.
Usually the apple server needed to be contacted is gs.apple.com, some of you already know this NAME by editing their hosts file to redirect gs.apple.com to a saurik server to skip authentication.
The official ping -a result of gs.apple.com ends in a 17.11.x.x IP range, thats the too busy one.
The redirected gs.apple.com of saurik goes to 74.x.x.x IP range or similar but this does not register your iOS5 successfully.
But apple has a kind of "hidden" gs.apple.com also that is passed by their dns resolver, and this one was fine yesterday evening with a ping of 32ms and made the update within 1 attempt.
Short, edit your hosts file, uncomment all existing gs.apple.com redirects and add
(How to do this read on page 18 in my previous post, do not forget to reboot to get it active for iTunes)
Hope you all get iOS5, its nice
- 10-13-2011, 02:01 AM #313
- 10-13-2011, 02:17 AM #314iMore Intermediate
- 267 Posts
I finally got iOS5 installed. Not a restful experience. Gave up last night as kept getting error 3200. It worked this morning but struggled with restore.
Had to sync a couple of times to restore music and apps.
It's early days, but iPhone4 seems just a quick as before - thank goodness.
To early to comment on battery life.
- 10-13-2011, 06:26 AM #315
- 10-13-2011, 08:10 AM #316
- 10-13-2011, 09:08 AM #317
- 10-13-2011, 09:15 AM #318
- 10-13-2011, 09:16 AM #319
Currently Running: iPhone 3GS
Blackberry History: 8703, 8830, 8330, 9500, 9700, 9800
Offer Phone Unlocks For $25! All phones available! PM For Unlocks! Take Payments Through Paypal!
- 10-13-2011, 09:32 AM #320iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
This worked for me
After hours of failing to get it to upgrade I took a chance at restoring my iPad using the following steps
1. Make sure you have downloaded the IOS 5 update file and know where it is, usually (Vista /7):
C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Software Updates
2. I ran a full back-up (not a sync) of my 4.3.5 OS iPad
3. Shift/Restore and navigated to the update file and let it restore. This will give you a factory clean IOS 5 iPad.
4. I ran the backup file mentioned in 2 above
5. Followed the IOS 5 setup procedure
6. Let it resync with iTunes. This takes some time depending on the amount of apps/music/photos/books, etc you have as it needs to resync everything back to the iPad (it DOES maintain your current folder structure on the Springboard)
7. I now have an IOS 5 iPad beautifully restored to my previous settings without having to reinstall my apps..
- 10-13-2011, 09:56 AM #321
- 10-13-2011, 10:19 AM #322
- 10-13-2011, 10:21 AM #323
- 10-13-2011, 10:29 AM #324
- 10-13-2011, 02:24 PM #325