- 10-12-2011, 07:24 PM #276
- 10-12-2011, 07:24 PM #277
- 10-12-2011, 07:27 PM #278
- 10-12-2011, 07:31 PM #279
- 10-12-2011, 07:38 PM #280
For some reason since my iPad 2 was successful at updating and if I turned my iPad on while attempting to update the iPhone...it'd screw something up.. oh well it only took 7 hours but I've finally gotten iOS 5 on both of my iDevices...thank goodness for OTA and delta updates..from now on!!! I think I'll put off updating my mom's iPad for a few days..
- 10-12-2011, 07:44 PM #281
Ok got the iPhone all set up with iOS 5....and when I went to restore all my previous settings (music, apps) so on so forth.... I got an error message saying that iTunes couldn't restore from the previous backup because the previous backup was corrupt...WTF? How was that possible?
- 10-12-2011, 07:59 PM #282
- 10-12-2011, 08:04 PM #283
- 10-12-2011, 08:05 PM #284
- 10-12-2011, 08:09 PM #285
- 10-12-2011, 08:12 PM #286
- 10-12-2011, 08:13 PM #287
- 10-12-2011, 08:16 PM #288
- 10-12-2011, 08:26 PM #289
- 10-12-2011, 08:26 PM #290
- 10-12-2011, 08:29 PM #291
- 10-12-2011, 08:33 PM #292iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
OK updated finally, through the restore option.
These are the things I heard and did:
- update I-tunes before you upgrade to OS5
- backup phone before upgrading OS5
- Switch USB outlets/ports
- Update windows software
- telnet "Ping gs.apple.com" to see if the connection was working, if not:
Also there could be an overwhelming amount of users to the update sever depending upon the "data loss" report on ping when you ping the server. If no loss, then check your computer hosts file for a block of gs.apple.com. (path is C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) on windows. If still no able to connect to it, turn off any firewall or security software running on your computer.
- 10-12-2011, 08:45 PM #293
- 10-12-2011, 08:49 PM #294
- 10-12-2011, 08:54 PM #295
- 10-12-2011, 08:59 PM #296
- 10-12-2011, 09:01 PM #297
- 10-12-2011, 09:02 PM #298
- 10-12-2011, 09:20 PM #299iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
I've been trying to install IOS 5 for 3 F*ucking hours. This is ridiculous. I've tried to install it on my ipod touch 4 on three different computers. All of them have gotten errors. I've tried all of them at least three times. Apparently it isn't apple's servers that's giving me these errors though. Instead, it's Apple's ****ty job at making an application update. I tried to update to itunes 10.5 on my pc (64) bit and guess what happened? The f*ucking installer froze during the last motherf*ucking second of the update. On my second computer, (very old 32 bit pc) my ipod refused to update to IOS 5 and said cannot connect to apple right now. On my 64 bit mac I do not have admin privalages to install itunes. If anybody can help me that would be great, but as of this point, Itunes sucks and i'm selling my ipod.
- 10-12-2011, 09:20 PM #300
Phone Updated But My IPad2 Error-5000 But Ok
IPhone 4 started update at 2:00 pm EST took aproxx 50 minutes update no problem.
IPad 2 Started Update 5:00 PM EST took 5 hrs completed with the error -5000 and if I continue I will loose all of my information..Well of course after waiting 5 hrs. I hit continue.. Well it then I gave me a choice of setting up a new Ipad or from my last back up this afternoon. I chose back up. It went through the restore process.. I thought that I would have to start from the beggining and reload IO5
Well to my suprise when it rebooted it had the new OS but no my apps. But to my suprise again all my apps were now in the cloud..? so I had to just reinstall them... I found them all under the purchased in the App program