Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default lockscreen camera button broken on iPad2 after IOS5 install

IOS5 install unfolded fine but the lockscreen camera button has the Settings icon (not the camera icon) and does not bring up the camera. Instead it seems to switch off the display ... until an image from the camera roll slowly appears.
    Anyone else with this glitch? And thoughts, if so.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rkornfein View Post
    IOS5 install unfolded fine but the lockscreen camera button has the Settings icon (not the camera icon) and does not bring up the camera. Instead it seems to switch off the display ... until an image from the camera roll slowly appears.

Maybe, you can try to download iOS 5 again on a different computer or maybe just restart you're device.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Lockscreen camera button

Thanks for the suggestion (restarting).
    I did try it to no avail. it is a little odd in that I also updated my phone shortly after the iPad and it seems to have been entirely successful.
    I guess I'll play a little more ...
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Rkornfein View Post
    it sounds like you're describing the photo frame feature. you do have to double chick the home button for the camera to show up
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Broken lockscreen camera button

Quote Originally Posted by lawls View Post
    it sounds like you're describing the photo frame feature. you do have to double chick the home button for the camera to show up
    A button shows up (irrespective of double clicking the home button), it is just not a camera button and it does nothing useful. As mentioned, the icon resembles that for Settings. It is a minor annoyance but still an annoyance.