- 10-20-2011, 12:32 AM #176
Battery Drain & Sound Issue
I have a couple issues, which Im sure will be fixed with an update soon..
- As it's been mentioned in other threads, I believe the battery drain in my husbands iPhone 4 and my battery drain in my iPhone 4S are iOS5 related, because his phone has a noticeable difference in his battery drain after updated to iOS5 and my 4S battery life is much worse than my iPhone 4 running iOS4.
- I also have some sound issues on my 4S. I notice after I use Siri, if I go straight to answering a text using the keyboard, the keyboard clicks are extremely loud for the first few words typed, then it goes back to normal. I have also had a few times when I have lost all my sounds, no keyboard clicks, not alert sounds, a restart resets the sounds.
Then tonight, the sound went off again and my husband called me and the sound when back on after the phone call without a restart, weird..
Anyone else having sound issues?
Last edited by CalifJewls; 10-20-2011 at 12:35 AM.
- 10-20-2011, 05:00 PM #177
I installed iOS5 last night and it's just not working. Previously I was running 4.2.8 jailbroken. Attempting to change a setting for SB Settings' icon sent the phone into an infinite springboard crash. I couldn't get 4.2.8 to restore, it couldn't finish the process. So I installed iOS 5. I haven't jailbroken it just yet. But I've had several annoyanes, and today a serious dealbreaker:
1) annoyance: the bootscreen apple and progress bar stay onscreen until the machine is locked and unlocked.
2) serious annoyance: Moving apps: When creating a folder, and trying to rename it, the OS quickly times out, sometimes in the middle of typing in the new name. Sometimes, I can only get two letters in at a time. Also, moving apps across multiple screens sometimes will cause the move to time out before one gets to the destination, particularly if on the destination screen you stop and look to find the folder you're putting the app in.
Dealbreaker: The phone app won't open. I've got two voice messages new today which I can't access because the phone app crashes when attempting to launch.
It just doesn't work. Trying a restore again; grr.
- 10-21-2011, 10:34 AM #178
- 10-21-2011, 12:40 PM #179
- 10-21-2011, 12:54 PM #180
- 10-21-2011, 12:56 PM #181
- 10-21-2011, 01:46 PM #182
- 10-21-2011, 06:41 PM #183
I may have never noticed this before but while in the calendar app, if you turn the phone to the side, the week's event show up in a grid. I've never noticed this before but find it extremely helpful to see my week's events in one clean screen!!
- 10-22-2011, 01:55 AM #184
- 10-22-2011, 01:59 AM #185
Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but whenever I try to listen to voicemail and put the phone to my ear, Siri decides to butt in. Yes, I know I can set it so she doesn't activate on putting the phone to my ear, but that's not really the best solution.
- 10-22-2011, 02:52 AM #186
- 10-22-2011, 05:22 PM #187
Edit: So I did a restore to factory then restored from my backup and it's still messed up. I don't want to give him this phone without being able to add contacts. I'm going to restore again, set up as new phone and see what happens.
Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 10-22-2011 at 06:57 PM.
- 10-23-2011, 04:27 PM #188
- 10-24-2011, 01:12 PM #189
- 10-24-2011, 04:07 PM #190
- 10-24-2011, 09:58 PM #191iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
My iMessage isnt working either.
Sometimes when I hard/soft reset my phone, I can send to myself. My Girlfriends 3GS can send to me but I dont recieve it. Hers works fine.
The following I have tried,
1) Turn off WiFi
2) Turn on Cellular Data
3) Turn off iMessage
4) Turn phone off
5) Turn phone on
6) Turn iMessage on
7) Test iMessages
8) Turn WiFi on.
Password change to suit new password standards
Changing DNS/DNE multiple times.
I have been working and searching for the last 4 days now... I cannot get this bloody thing to work!
Using a iPhone 4 on iOS5
And to maybe help some people who might think that I am not messaging to a compatible device, I am trying to send messages to my girlfriends 3GS who has iOS5 and can also send iMessages JUST FINE.
- 10-25-2011, 01:26 PM #192iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
iP4 - Got triple calendar entries after restore(s). Music displays "No Content" on phone. iTunes displays that my 5800 songs are on the iPhone. Too many songs to manually transfer in a lifetime. Any bug fixes coming for this? Have restored multiple times to no avail. Suggestions?
- 10-26-2011, 08:52 PM #193
- 10-27-2011, 10:46 AM #194
- 10-27-2011, 10:09 PM #195
- 11-01-2011, 07:28 PM #196
Lock screen finding
Not sure if this is posted already, and I apologize if it is, but it's hard to search the forums on iPhone. Anyway, when you get a text and the screen is locked, you can slide the message icon to unlock the screen and it automatically takes you to message app. Thats a nice.
- 11-05-2011, 07:30 AM #197
- 11-05-2011, 09:25 AM #198
- 11-05-2011, 09:34 AM #199
- 11-06-2011, 09:49 PM #200