iOS 5 is here. For all that waited what are your initial thoughts????

alphasportstv

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I like it but as a few insiders have mentioned, the changes are not as obvious as we might have expected. There are a TON of changes but many of them are quite discreet, behind the scenes.

- works absolutely fine on iP4, no performance issues like some geniuses have assured us

UNLIKES (not enough to Dislike!)
- LED notification is only for phone calls
- Newsstand app can't be hidden in an app folder, it stays on top, so I have to shove it over to a blank page to get it out of my face (seems everything on Newsstand requires $ subscriptions)
- iCloud interesting but requires a .ME email account, last thing I need is more email addresses
- continuing inability to fundamentally change the "look": no themes, skins, or other ways to get beyond the 4 year old standard gray-blue background (I know I know, I should have an Android...)

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I like it but as a few insiders have mentioned, the changes are not as obvious as we might have expected. There are a TON of changes but many of them are quite discreet, behind the scenes.

- works absolutely fine on iP4, no performance issues like some geniuses have promised

- Newstand app can't be hidden in an app folder, stays on top, so I shove it over to a blank page to get it out of my face (everything on Newstand requires $ subscriptions)
- iCloud interesting but requires a .ME email account, last thing I need is more email adresses
- continuing inability to fundamentally change the "look": no themes, skins, or other ways to get beyond the 4 year old standard gray-blue background (I know I know, I should have an Android...)

iCloud doesn't require a me.com address to get most functions. You only need me.com if you want to use icloud for sharing email.

As for the performance issues, i'd say spend a week with a 4S and then you'd notice going back. It's all relative to your experience.

Dean211284

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't like the fact that my friends have to be updated to iOS 5 to use iMessage. Many are jailbroken on 4.33 and not planning on getting iOS 5 yet.

vthokies

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I thought you could access the camera on the lock screen with iOS 5. I downloaded, installed it, and I can't access it from the lock screen.

anon(4742831)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Besides the notification center, not really impressed at all. Nothing GROUND BREAKING at all. The camera app on lock screen is nice, but other than that, it's "meh"

iTreHayes

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

- works absolutely fine on iP4, no performance issues like some geniuses have assured us

- Newsstand app can't be hidden in an app folder, it stays on top, so I have to shove it over to a blank page to get it out of my face (seems everything on Newsstand requires $ subscriptions)
- iCloud interesting but requires a .ME email account, last thing I need is more email addresses

LED's aren't only for phone calls. It happens for texts too, I don't pay attention to them for anything else thought.

vthokies

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Camera and photo apps
Tweeting photos and articles
Synching
iCloud (even though I wish it had a lot more space than 5 gb)

Dislikes:
Newsstand
Annoying passcode prompts
No variety of themes

iSurf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The only thing i do not like is that when you get a text you can easily forget its there because theres no icon at the top after it clears

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, so Siri does work with an ip4 with ios5? I heard a rumor it would be 4s only. Good to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

isrararrafi

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
soemthing annoying about newstand is when i click on it just to look at the list of magazines i am subscribed to but dont click on any of the magazines and turn off it still is "running" behind the scene. i can see it if i click the home button twice. thats just lazy of apple engineers. basically the newstand app which is nothing but a piece of shelf is apparently an "app" too.

if i click on the magazines and then get out...now there r two apps running...the newstand and the magazine

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77