iOS 5 has landed! How is your download / install going?

ivybiznatch

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
oh gosh. I forgot about my iPod Touch. Thanks for reminding me! :eek: I'll have to save that for tomorrow!! As long as I got my iPhone done I'll be alright!!! :D

I'm doing my iPad first...I need to run an errand and can't go without my iPhone...that'll be next.

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Round 2 downloading for my iPad. 3 minutes to go and download is crawling, right before it died on me last time. Please finish, please finish, please finish...

crackercraig#IM

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm 1 hour and 29 minutes in since I started and its still downloading. says 69 minutes remaining.
anout 40 minutes ago it said 2 hours so i guess its kind of keeping up the pace.

GraytScott

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
It won't restore my phone from a backup after extracting the software. Internal error apparently?

Help!

Same here. If people are getting two hour download times now, I'm not going to bother at this point, I'll wait a bit. I'd hate to do that again, only to get another error when it tries to back it up.

GraytScott

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
you think it's just server overload or is it actually an issue with the phone?

It seems to be happening to a lot of people, so I doubt it's a phone issue. Bug already? Who knows. I'm anxious to try iOS5, but I can certainly wait a few hours or another day till the rush dies down, or someone figures out why we're crashing during back up. We've waited this long!

Reactions: neilmorgan04

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
15 minutes left on download attempt two. Hopefully it doesn't time out again. If it does, I'm just going to wait. I still have to do this for the iPad as well. Maybe I'll boot up the AppleTV and see if there's an update for that later.

aznhomieboi1689

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else's installation time is long? Mine is still at "iPhone being backed up" and it's been like that for an hour. How long does this take? (my used space is only 8 GB)

By the way, it's already finished downloading and everything, just installing it to the phone now and it's been an hour!

GraytScott

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
15 minutes left on download attempt two. Hopefully it doesn't time out again. If it does, I'm just going to wait. I still have to do this for the iPad as well. Maybe I'll boot up the AppleTV and see if there's an update for that later.

I hate that I'll never get another update on my ATV, I have the original 160GB model. But, works fine, and love the storage aspect.

I'm waiting on my download till things clear up. Got the message once, and it's obviously an issue.

ParadigmUSA

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I grabbed the update as soon as it was available. ETA was around 40 minutes, and now with over 50% downloaded, says around 60 minutes left. Just a slow download I guess.

Ciocapock

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Same prob

UPDATE: 3rd try same prob...

That's my 3rd try...
Download good, I think I've been among the first.
It backed up twice, but twice internal error in restoring...
Never had this prob before!
I have a Macbook Pro (bought last June) and an iPhone 3GS, whose firmware is the latest before iOS 5...

Now I rebooted the Mac...
Backing up now is 2/3 more or less.

Any idea?
Thanks!

p.s. just internal error - no code

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member