Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Unhappy iMessenger not registering/connecting

Hey guys,
    I just downloaded IOS 5 and got the iMessenger app and am trying to register my username info so that I can start using it but it only gets as far as the screen that says "Registering" with the circle thing going round and round and won't go any further. I've deleted the app, re-installed it, turned the phone off and on 2x but still not working. Any help would be appreciated.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    5.0 GM

You deleted iMessage? It's wired into your iOS...
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    5.0 GM

Try Settings > Messages > and turn iMessage on. Are you registered on iCloud? That's necessary I believe.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Nanite

Do you mean turn on MMS? If so, it's already on. I'm trying to set up iCloud but it says to sign into iCloud Settings in IOS5. Does it mean on my phone? Sorry if I sound clueless...I am
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Nanite

Ok just realized my iPhone software wasn't updated. Just came out here so it's done now, but STILL can't register iMessenger. Why??? This is getting frustrating!
    iPhone Nanite

Default Same problem

I have the same problem. No matter what I do, how much I install, reinstall, turn on or off, I still can't get iMessanger to go through the "loving in"/"connecting"/"registering" step
    iPhone Nanite

Default no loving in

lol this was supposed to be "logging in", not "loving in"... it doesn't sound like there is a lot of loving going around
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

Takes a while for imessage to verify your number
    iPhone Nanite

Question I am confused

I have an app called iMessenger from Real Communication and I have Messenger that was already on my iPhone 4. Which Messenger are we talking about?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,470 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You need to use the "Messages" app by Apple, the green icon with the white text balloon.
    Twitter: @codemonkeycodes / website: www.codemonkeycodes.com &
    Married 9/4/11
    iPhone 6 64GB : ~= 5/10/10 RIP Dad, Forever in our hearts =~
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

OP, you need to go read this. A lot of people are being confused. The new feature by Apple is called iMessage (not iMessenger) and it is built into the OS. You don't need to download anything from the App Store.

Apple - iOS 5 - See new features included in iOS 5.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: iMessenger not registering/connecting

ive got the one of the earlier .models of the ipod touch and i have downloaded IMessenger but when i click on it. it just keeps saying connecting wot do i do?

Global Posts
    22,997 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: iMessenger not registering/connecting

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wroot View Post
    ive got the one of the earlier .models of the ipod touch and i have downloaded IMessenger but when i click on it. it just keeps saying connecting wot do i do?
    "iMessenger" is not an Apple app so I would suggest you contact the app's developer(s) for assistance. Also, you can try deleting the app and then reinstalling it.