Anybody know if you can turn ringer volume down but have alerts,alarms on

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I would love to be able ot have my ringer off when i go to sleep but be able to hear my alarms to wake me. Is there any possibilities on ios5 like that. Ringer off/ or on vibrate but have alerts or alarms on full volume. I don't have a extra phone laying around to try out my ideas. I know we have a sound volume in the multitasking bar next to the ipod controls thats different from the sounds volume.

Josh

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Go ahead and mute the phone with the switch. This does not silence the alarm.

Ok, that was my first thought but I couldn't test it myself. I appreciate it Tim

PS. Seems like me and you are 2 of the few that are always on here in the wee hours of the night. I think we're both Iphone addicts and need help, lol.

Josh

HeezyBear

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, that was my first thought but I couldn't test it myself. I appreciate it Tim

PS. Seems like me and you are 2 of the few that are always on here in the wee hours of the night. I think we're both Iphone addicts and need help, lol.

Josh
You could test it by setting an alarm for a minute from now and muting your phone to see if it does in fact go off. Just saying.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
You could test it by setting an alarm for a minute from now and muting your phone to see if it does in fact go off. Just saying.

I didn't need to test it once I got the reply from Timhewitt. Its 7am and I haven't went to bed cause I'm upset my girlfriends Iphone4 that I'm exchanging friday for a 4S got stolen. So my brain was crapped out cause its so late and I had a doctors appointment. So I wasn't in the mood for testing and this and that. Know what I mean.

gregorypleau

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Little something to remember when putting the phone to silent overnight.

Turn off vibrate in Settings -> Sounds or the text, email, facebook tones will be replaced with a very relaxing (NOT) buzz.

Reactions: diamonddialogue

Brandon Mclean1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Really ? Thats our only solution? I am a X Samsung user and the more I find these little annoying things out about the Iphone the more irritated I get that I got this thing! I had to keep using my old Samsung as my alarm because my stupid Iphone6 can't have different volume levels for inger/alarm. Plus if you have a
meeting the next day and you have your phone on silent the calendar
alerts won't sound only vibrate! DUMB! Talk about taking me back to Samsung Galaxy 1 days!

Who wants to flip a switch every night before bed? Then possibly forget it? Then if you have a early morning meeting it won't alert you because your phone is on silent. At least the samsung had 4 different Volume options for different things. Different volume levels for ringer , alerts, alarms and audio/graphics. Apple is YEARS behind ! Then you can't just buy a song on itunes and select an option to make it your ringtone. You have to go threw all these hoops on your desktop to make it a ringtone! A samsung you just buy a song click a button on your phone and its your ringtone! Simple ! Now I am stuck with this out dated piece of crap for 2 years!

- Angry new iphone user..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234