iOS 5 GM Phone "Banner" notification?

JeremyHD

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
In the "Notifications" It gives you the options (None, Banner, Alert). What I can't seem to understand is that when someone calls, isn't it supposed to show as "banner" if you selected it? It isn't supposed to interrupt whatever your doing right? I thought they were adding that feature; Unless it is for full iOS 5 or is it only for jailbreak?

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
In the "Notifications" It gives you the options (None, Banner, Alert). What I can't seem to understand is that when someone calls, isn't it supposed to show as "banner" if you selected it? It isn't supposed to interrupt whatever your doing right? I thought they were adding that feature; Unless it is for full iOS 5 or is it only for jailbreak?

I think that is just a feature for Text Messages and Alarms. For calls I think it still displays as the page that takes up everything.

javierE186

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I am not 100 percent sure either, but I think it is supposed to show the calls in a banner. If it doesn't allow that to happen, you can always wait for CallBar to get updated to iOS 5. xD

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

No, I think this is primarily referring to a voicemail Calls are going to interrupt everything regardless of the way your notification center is set up. Messages (i.e. texts) are set up through Messages settings, despite what some other posters have said.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2