Location based reminders not working.

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been using ios5 from beta 1 and I cannot get location based reminders to work. GPS seems to be functioning ok, location services all turned on, done a full restore. Anyone else having trouble or have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone iOS5 using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've been using ios5 from beta 1 and I cannot get location based reminders to work. GPS seems to be functioning ok, location services all turned on, done a full restore. Anyone else having trouble or have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone iOS5 using Tapatalk

At any point have you tried doing a factory reset, update the iOS, and then see if it's working?

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm having issues getting reminders to work at all let alone location based. Nothing is showing up in notifcation center either. Like if its 8:30 and i set a reminder for 8:31 - I set the time, alert, etc nothing happens or anything. Ever since ios5. My guess is its definately a bug and Apple will have a update very soon after release day. When the mass reports come out on the bug.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had no issues with my location based reminders, let alone reminders not using my GPS, and I've been running every beta since it was announced. Make sure iCloud is turned on, location services are on, and restore again and keep trying. Try setting one for when you leave the location you're at and drive up the road to test it. It should work.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I've had no issues with my location based reminders, let alone reminders not using my GPS, and I've been running every beta since it was announced. Make sure iCloud is turned on, location services are on, and restore again and keep trying. Try setting one for when you leave the location you're at and drive up the road to test it. It should work.

Why does icloud need to be turned on for a notification center alert through reminders? I have reminders set to on in icloud also and still can't get a reminder to alert or pop up or anything. Its acting just like notes app. I have the reminder checked also.

Last edited:

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I just turned on Icloud backup. I have reminders checked in icloud. I have volume up. I have reminders checked after i create 1. I have location services on. I have my reminders alert tone set. I've tried everything. What is the issue. Does it sound like a bug. I'm 100% familiar with Ios5 but reminders just aren't working and than after the reminder set time and date has passed. Reminders says completed. :(

Scassidy01

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I just turned on Icloud backup. I have reminders checked in icloud. I have volume up. I have reminders checked after i create 1. I have location services on. I have my reminders alert tone set. I've tried everything. What is the issue. Does it sound like a bug. I'm 100% familiar with Ios5 but reminders just aren't working and than after the reminder set time and date has passed. Reminders says completed. :(

Don't check the reminder. It is marked as complete if you do, so no reminder will go off.

Reactions: MustangLife

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Don't check the reminder. It is marked as complete if you do, so no reminder will go off.

That worked. I appreciate it. I didn't noticed the issue because right after you check the reminder it doesn't show completed until after you exit and than come back into the reminders app. So I never noticed.

Josh

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I would try it without the JB to be sure.

JB's are never 100% stable.

That's not true. The software installed from Cydia can cause some instability. That said, jailbreaking really shouldn't have any effect on reminders/problems with location. I haven't tried location based reminders, personally.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234