Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    758 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Google Voice & iOS 5 notifications

Quick question, how is the official Google Voice app work with the new iOS 5 notifications? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    1,999 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'd like to know this as well because I use GV for almost all of my texting
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5

The same as all other notifications. You can customize it like all the others to appear at the top instead of dead center on the screen and it'll be in Notification Center.

One problem with the app though, I've had to load the GV app after each reboot of the phone to get it to receive push. But, they just rolled out an update this morning that may address that issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Google Voice & iOS 5 notifications-photo-oct-10-11-47-01-am.png  
    Last edited by KrispyKrink; 10-10-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    Thanked by:
    j7469 (10-10-2011)
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    758 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by KrispyKrink View Post
    The same as all other notifications. You can customize it like all the others to appear at the top instead of dead center on the screen and it'll be in Notification Center.

One problem with the app though, I've had to load the GV app after each reboot of the phone to get it to receive push. But, they just rolled out an update this morning that may address that issue.
    Thanks for the reply, can you swipe from the lock screen & enter the application like you can on the native SMS?
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by j7469 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, can you swipe from the lock screen & enter the application like you can on the native SMS?
    Yep, while the notification is on the screen, swipe and you're there.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I've got 3 GV apps, I forget which one is "official," but they all work great on iOS 5, and all show up in the Notification Center.