What time will IOS 5 download be available on the 12th?

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Like the subject says, will it be available midnight like the preorders, or do they have a time of day they do it?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Like the subject says, will it be available midnight like the preorders, or do they have a time of day they do it?

It will be available for download when Apple releases it. It's extremely doubtful that it will be before late morning, PST. I'm guessing around 10 am PST, but we don't know for sure. It will not be available at midnight.

Reactions: DougFNJ

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
It will be available for download when Apple releases it. It's extremely doubtful that it will be before late morning, PST. I'm guessing around 10 am PST, but we don't know for sure. It will not be available at midnight.

I'm gonna take a guess and say 12Pacific and 3am eastern time. I think they will make some kind of announcement.

To the original thread starter. If you are pumped about Ios5. Just download the iosGM which is the same version all the Iphone4S's will get and is clean and out of beta. And than install it via Itunes. Just click Shift plus restore and choose the ios ipsw file you downloaded and there you go.

Josh

jhigs

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Does Apple allow everyone to d/l the newest version of iOS at the same time, or is it released in waves as is typical of Android releases from carriers?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Does Apple allow everyone to d/l the newest version of iOS at the same time, or is it released in waves as is typical of Android releases from carriers?

It is not so much what Apple allows as what is physically possible. No matter the available capacity, we will stress it to the limits.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
The GM is what's shipping on the devices coming from the factory, so if there is any update for the general release it will be available as a delta OTA update as well for anyone who installed the GM

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if it will be available as an OTA update from the GM version?

That's a trick question... because what will be released IS the GM version. There may be an update closely following (within the first week) the initial 5.0 release on 10/12, and it should be available via OTA and iTunes.

What I am hearing /reading is that the minor releases (5.0.1, 5.0.2, etc) will be available both via OTA and iTunes. The "point" releases (5.1, 5.2) will only be available via iTunes. But until we get there, we won't know for sure.

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna take a guess and say 12Pacific and 3am eastern time. I think they will make some kind of announcement.

To the original thread starter. If you are pumped about Ios5. Just download the iosGM which is the same version all the Iphone4S's will get and is clean and out of beta. And than install it via Itunes. Just click Shift plus restore and choose the ios ipsw file you downloaded and there you go.

Josh

Newb question i guess cuz ive downloaded ios's before apart from itunes, but essentially their isnt anything different from the ipsw download than the one ios that will come out on wednesday? other than its coming from 3rd party site than apple itunes?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Newb question i guess cuz ive downloaded ios's before apart from itunes, but essentially their isnt anything different from the ipsw download than the one ios that will come out on wednesday? other than its coming from 3rd party site than apple itunes?

The "download" will not occur apart from iTunes. It will be the official, available to everyone iOS 5.0 software. Simply connect your phone to your computer, open iTunes and click CHECK FOR UPDATE on the iPhone (device) summary page.

iTunes will then download the proper version of iOS for your device and install it when the download is complete.

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
The "download" will not occur apart from iTunes. It will be the official, available to everyone iOS 5.0 software. Simply connect your phone to your computer, open iTunes and click CHECK FOR UPDATE on the iPhone (device) summary page.

iTunes will then download the proper version of iOS for your device and install it when the download is complete.

My question didn't make sense I guess. What I meant was, if I download the gold master iOS 5 now from 3rd party site, will it be the same as if I got it directly from iTunes on Wednesday. Point: I want iOS 5 early. ;)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My question didn't make sense I guess. What I meant was, if I download the gold master iOS 5 now from 3rd party site, will it be the same as if I got it directly from iTunes on Wednesday. Point: I want iOS 5 early. ;)

The official GM release will be no different from what is officially released on 10/12. So, in effect, you have now what will be released to the general public on Wednesday.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh