Twitter App Notifications not working after iOS 5!!

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I am not able to see Twitter Notifications after I have installed iOS 5, I have checked all settings but I am not getting any push messages I have to open the app and refresh it to see the tweets, any clue why its happening??

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Have you enabled it in your settings? Are you talking about Twitter for iPhone or are you talking about a 3rd party app?

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did enabled it in settings then I did setup it in new Notification Center (iOS5), I am talking about Twitter App for iPhone, I tried 3rd party apps also like Hootsuite & Seesmic they arnt showing it either dunno why I am not getting it, installed it again restarted the iPhone done everything!

Rick0926

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Not to get off the subject, but that is interesting to me. I was thinking iOS 5 had as they put it "deep" integration. But, you still need the app for notifications and to read them? Good to know!

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you definitely need the app to receive notifications. But, the Twitter app has very a beautiful UI, and you can use multiple accounts from whatever device you're on. Personally, because of this integration, I have begun to use Twitter more and found it to be much more helpful than I had thought. I'm starting to like Twitter over Facebook even.

Everyone will get the hang of iOS 5. There's really quite a bit to learn, and even after running the beta for all this time, I still find surprises here and there.

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The twitter integration is for you to post to twitter but you still need the app to go see posts and to get notifications.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I am not able to see Twitter Notifications after I have installed iOS 5, I have checked all settings but I am not getting any push messages I have to open the app and refresh it to see the tweets, any clue why its happening??

So, under notification settings you have the following for Twitter:
-"Notification Center" switched to on
-Either Banners or Alerts selected
-Badge App Icon switched to on
-Sounds switched to on?

droodle

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
i can second the same issue .. after a flawless upgrade this seems to be the only thing not working.

have tried turning off notifications an re-adding twitter .. it does not appear in notifications. works fine if you open the twitter app

ta.

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
@droodle: exactly for me facebook & twitter both apps are not showing alerts
@jakej914: yeah the settings are same but still no luck man!

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from BlackBerry to iPhone 4. I have been trying to get twitter notification to function since getting the device, I have tried ALL the suggetions mentioned here and on other forums, I have tried deleting the app as well as the account and still nothing, It never even asks for permission to push notifications. Can someone PLEASE tell me what I am doing wrong? everything is set correctly I have even gone into the "Apple" store and they said I have it set up correctly and all my notifications are set correctly. so what gives......

brayjjc

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Solution?

Hi - not sure if anyone is still having this Twitter push notification problem, but I just stumbled across a little menu in the Twitter app itself Accounts>Settings>Notifications. Both the options were somehow disabled on mine after iOS5 upgrade, so it was just a case of turning them back on. Hope this helps, it was bugging the hell out of me!

Faisaljam

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You can fix iOS5 Notification using SAM from Cydia! How to do it is here

Fix iOS5 Push Notification Problem with Twitter, Facebook,Facetime,iMessages on Hacktivated iPhones running on iOS5/5.0.1 | TechSavvy Diary | Social Media & Technology News, Review, Tips & Tricks -Techsavvy's Diary -

mmesford

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If anyone still cares...you apparently need to turn on notifications for every single person you follow. Kind of a pain but I guess it gives more flexibility. I'm surprised no one else knew that.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If anyone still cares...you apparently need to turn on notifications for every single person you follow. Kind of a pain but I guess it gives more flexibility. I'm surprised no one else knew that.

That's only true if you want notifications every time they tweet something?which for most people would be WAY too many notifications. (Imagine getting an alert for every tweet in your timeline every day.) You don't need to do that for @mentions or DMs.

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Twitter App Notifications not working after iOS 6.1

Hello

I see some people on here have had trouble getting Push Notifications to work on the Twitter App for iPhone. I have just upgrade to ver iOS 6.1 on a iPhone 3gs 16gb
and are also having trouble as other people are having. basically i switch the option on inside the Twitter Application on my iPhone but as soon as i come out of the Settings menu
and lock my phone the option seems to switch it self to OFF and i have to go back in to the app and switch it back on. I had previously switched on Notifications on every one i follow but have read on here that means i get everything that person tweets so have switch that option OFF now, but still.

Can some one tell me why my Notifications option keeps switching it self off when i lock my screen

please reply to here smdodgson1968@gmail.com

thanks

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That's only true if you want notifications every time they tweet something—which for most people would be WAY too many notifications. (Imagine getting an alert for every tweet in your timeline every day.) You don't need to do that for @mentions or DMs.

I have to agree with Massie 100% as I found this out myself the hard way and I even had sounds turned off. I got to the point that I deleted the app and just went with the new Twitteriffic 5 for iPhone w/o Push notifications which is just fine with me. This way I can open the app and read the Tweets when I want to.

iMore just did an extensive review of this app by Rene Richie and also speaking to one of the dev staff members I went with it and just love it. you might give it a try.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen