What will happen to iOS 5 GM Release when iOS 5 will officially Launch...

isrararrafi

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
from my previous experience, i would guess that on wednesday itunes will tell you a new itunes version is available (itunes 10.5) and once u connect ur device to the new itunes, it will tell you a new software version for ur device is available. It might be the same as GM version but it definitely won't have the same serial number (as 9A334 for the GM)

daneg

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
from my previous experience, i would guess that on wednesday itunes will tell you a new itunes version is available (itunes 10.5) and once u connect ur device to the new itunes, it will tell you a new software version for ur device is available. It might be the same as GM version but it definitely won't have the same serial number (as 9A334 for the GM)

I should just be able to update the phone then right from itunes right? I wont have to wipe/restore to a new version will I? Just click "update", right?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I should just be able to update the phone then right from itunes right? I wont have to wipe/restore to a new version will I? Just click "update", right?

That's correct. Clean, simple, almost "Apple-like". And for the minor updates (5.0.1, 5.0.2, etc) you can always do an Over The Air (OTA) update. Go to SETTINGS / GENERAL / SOFTWARE UPDATE

Rodeoz

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
The "Store" icon on newsstand is still not activated in the GM build I have on my phone. I think there has to be some sort of an update tomorrow to activate it?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The "Store" icon on newsstand is still not activated in the GM build I have on my phone. I think there has to be some sort of an update tomorrow to activate it?

Or, they could just turn the store "on" - start the server that is the store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro