App Store Download Size Limits

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i do not believe the limit has been increased. just the other day i tried downloading an app that was 21.3 mb and would not finish until i was in wifi. at the time i was on ios 5 beta 7

as400man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks BLiNK!

It just seems illogical that Apple will push a patch via wireless larger than that (about 70MB if I remember right from a previous beta OTA push) but limit Apps to 20MB

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks BLiNK!

It just seems illogical that Apple will push a patch via wireless larger than that (about 70MB if I remember right from a previous beta OTA push) but limit Apps to 20MB

You're comparing Apple and Oranges (or, more correctly, Apple and wireless provider).

The download limits are set/enforced by the carriers, NOT Apple. The OTA iOS upgrades must be done over wifi, due to the size, but really, is that an issue? Wifi is nearly ubiquitous and is almost always faster anyway.

Rodeoz

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a download limit of 20MB ONLY if I am downloading something from the app store. Other than that I can download any amount of data while on 3G. I am in India and use an unofficial operator. So I think Apple could have a role to play in the download limit. Does not appear to be solely an operator issue to me.

Been doing my beta OTA updates on 3G.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711